Midi Captain help please

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I did a little programming in the geek mode on the midi captain. I now have it for eight scenes. I need to know how to do some things that I am not seeing how to do.
  1. How do I program a button to go between two different pages on the Midi Captain? Say scenes page and effects page? I see it with go up and down. But I just want to toggle between with one button?
  2. How to program a hold down function?
  3. Is there an online editor? Geek Mode is so tiny it is REALLY HARD to see!
  4. Why when I program in Geek Mode, do I have to stay in Geek Mode, to have that be the screen on Midi Captain? When go back into normal, nothing is set as I just planned out?
This is really all I need to know how to do and I am set. Thank you kindly.

I plan on building or buying a small board that will fit this once I get all the programming, cabling and everything correct. It is a mess right now!

IMG_9314.jpeg

Last edited:
I will say the size of this thing is incredible and the buttons are awesome. I have no clue how much it will last, but they did mention something about the switches having 10 million presses?? Thus far the biggest problem with this thing is I don't see an online editor that makes it pretty easy to code. The screen on that is so tiny it is almost impossible to discern what is what. I don't wear glasses either.

The FC6 is awesome....it is just too big and so is the FC12. BUT....I love their program ease in comparison. I would still take a Axe Fx III in FC12 form, anyday though!

If it works like the 6 button one, you have to long press the upper right button to go one page up. The lower right button gets you with a long press one page down.
There's another thread about the midi captain, where I provided links to documents.
No, there is no editor. You have to edit txt-files to get it to work. I'm still wrapping my head around ...
Good luck!

If it works like the 6 button one, you have to long press the upper right button to go one page up. The lower right button gets you with a long press one page down.
There's another thread about the midi captain, where I provided links to documents.
No, there is no editor. You have to edit txt-files to get it to work. I'm still wrapping my head around ...
Good luck!
Indeed, it's all about getting into the super mode user manual and editing the files a little at a time. I've made some editing errors and the result is a crash and error messages on the display.

With regard to the multiple pages on the Midi Captain, if you want to just toggle two pages, rename or delete any pages higher than 0 and 1 (text files page2, page3, etc. in the supersetup directory). That will leave just page0 and page1 and the up/down buttons effectively become toggles.

I have had issues with the midi Captain thus far and am returning it. The lack of an online editor or app is ridiculous and to program on that thing you need a magnifying glass or be Superman. The battery kept draining in it even though I turned it off every time. I will probably look in a Morning Star as long as they have an online editor

I have had issues with the midi Captain thus far and am returning it. The lack of an online editor or app is ridiculous and to program on that thing you need a magnifying glass or be Superman. The battery kept draining in it even though I turned it off every time. I will probably look in a Morning Star as long as they have an online editor
Also check out the Voes MX Midi Controllers. Syncs completely with Axe-Fx III, FM3 & FM9 with bidirectional Midi messages.
  • Preset Name
  • Scene Name
  • Scene Select & Active Scene
  • Block On/Off state
  • Block Selected Channel
  • Looper functions
  • Tuner info
  • Tempo (blink)

More info on voes.be

Back
Top Bottom