MIDI block to external device ...can't get bank/pc change working correct.

axl-fx

Inspired
Hi all,

I'm messing with bank/program changes on a synth.
For bank selection its CC 32

So if I want Bank D PC 1 for example on one scene I've done the following in the block
Command 1 Type Channel Number Value
CC 1 32 3
PC 1 1

The problem is for me its doing two changes separately, it will switch to the bank but then go the preset on bank A.

Does anyone know if its possibly to do?

Maybe try CC#0 instead. That's also commonly used for bank changes.

No luck :(

The banks are changing but the PC that follows it pushes it back to its original bank.

I remember I had a FCB controller with the UNO chip and in one line you could send a CC & a PC but you had to do it in a specific order.

I'm suspecting its two different messages which is the reason that bank is reverting.

So you got me interested... What external device are you sending to?
Kodamo Essence synth

Like I said earlier I remember the FCB uno could send a few PC's and CC's in one command (one line). They also had them in a certain order so it was possible to bank select then send the PC.

Found this with a little Google Fu:

https://kodamo.org/forumtopic109?id=109&lang=fr

"If that happens to you ensure all Parts in your Performance have the "Bank Change" checkbox checked. Otherwise these events are filtered out."

Thanks for taking a look!
Unfortunately its not in performance mode but patch mode where I need to access the banks.
I just tried with my Axon and it seems to switch the Kodamo fine using MSB 32 and LSB for the bank.
Again it is a one line command which might be why I'm having a problem?

Would be good to know if this is just an issue with this device or a its not possible so I could put it on the wish list.

Can anyone else switch banks and patches with the midi block?

EDIT : Tried to edit the title but solved! Tried with another synth and worked right away, I was running through another module.

This worked
Command 1 Type Channel Number Value
CC 1 32 3
PC 1 1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom