Midi block bug?

tgunn

Experienced
Howdy,

I want to use the MIDI block in combination with a Voodoo Lab Hex and use CC messages to turn loops on/off.

What I've found is that when activating an FX8 preset that has a MIDI block, won't have it's CC value sent on preset activation. Toggling the ON/OFF state of the block gets the FX8 to send the CCs, but not on initial preset selection or scene switch (which might change the state of the MIDI block).

What I'd really like is to move the programming of the Hex over to the FX8. Store the loop states as part of a scene and be able to stomp them on/off without having to send a PC.

So, here are two feature requests :)

1. Can we have 8 midi blocks? :D I'm thinking of the extreme case where the basic tone is there for all scenes (e.g. compressor always on, so no need to switch its state), but the MIDI blocks can be used to control up to 8 different states in the external rig.

2. It's hard to distinguish blocks when they've got the same name. It would be great if they could be called M1, M2, M3 etc (or MI1, MI2, ...).

PS: QQ - Which is sent first, the scene's pre-programmed PC or MIDI commands from blocks as their state changes as part of switching scenes? (e.g. thinking of a case whereby I'd switch the Hex over to preset 10 and then want to additionally turn some loop on that is not enabled by default in that preset)

You don't need midi blocks to change pc or cc with scenes. On de cfg page you can set pc and or cc per scene.

The first time a scene is changed doesn't behave as subsequent changes do, even to the same scene.

Per scene PC or CC is limited to one, which is why I'm using midi blocks. Furthermore if I want to temporarily change the state of a midi block within a scene, I can't do that with per-scene midi messages (which is why we have IAs).

I can provide more details when I get some time with my fx8.

The first time a scene is changed doesn't behave as subsequent changes do, even to the same scene.

Per scene PC or CC is limited to one, which is why I'm using midi blocks. Furthermore if I want to temporarily change the state of a midi block within a scene, I can't do that with per-scene midi messages (which is why we have IAs).

I can provide more details when I get some time with my fx8.

I am having the same exact issue. I have searched the forum for days trying to find a solution. I use presets not scenes because I name my presets for playing sets because I sing. I have a Big Sky that I control via midi as well as my JP2C. However, scene 1 of each preset can only send one PC or CC message. I use that to control the amp. I then use MIDI blocks to control the big sky, but it doesn't work when the preset is engaged. You have to manually trigger the midi block which is useless to me because I am trying to press one button and have everything there. The only work around I have found is to have certain presets with the midi block off and others with the midi block on. That way I can use two presets on the Big Sky and when I change the presets on the FX8 it will go between the two presets on the big sky I have selected. When I don't want the BIG Sky to used I use a cc message to bypass. Such a pain. I also have a JHS sweet tea on my board that I would like to use with the voodoo lab hex but if I can't even control one pedal I don't think I can do another.

I am having the same exact issue. I have searched the forum for days trying to find a solution. I use presets not scenes because I name my presets for playing sets because I sing. I have a Big Sky that I control via midi as well as my JP2C. However, scene 1 of each preset can only send one PC or CC message. I use that to control the amp. I then use MIDI blocks to control the big sky, but it doesn't work when the preset is engaged. You have to manually trigger the midi block which is useless to me because I am trying to press one button and have everything there. The only work around I have found is to have certain presets with the midi block off and others with the midi block on. That way I can use two presets on the Big Sky and when I change the presets on the FX8 it will go between the two presets on the big sky I have selected. When I don't want the BIG Sky to used I use a cc message to bypass. Such a pain. I also have a JHS sweet tea on my board that I would like to use with the voodoo lab hex but if I can't even control one pedal I don't think I can do another.

I replied to your post in the other thread but I may not be understanding your issue correctly. If you want to be able to use more than two Big Sky presets within one FX8 preset, what I posted won't help. One work around would be to create multiple identical presets that send differing PCs.

I've watched a video from one participant in this thread showing what does appear to be a bug. I'll discuss it with @joe rogers

Back
Top Bottom