Midi Block bug?

Perrymason

I'm a newbie and a Fractal virgin. About one week ago I got my hands on the FX8.
It's a great piece of machinery and I'm building my new rig around the FX8.

I use the FX8 into a DV Mark Multiamp and a Suhr Badger 35. Sounds amazing IMO.

When I started to program some presets I ran into a problem.
I want to use one perticular preset on the Multiamp, create two Midi blocks in my FX8 preset
and use midi CC to turn effects on/off on the Multiamp. This works fine.
However, when I created two different scenes within my FX8 I ran into trouble.
In Scene 1 I have the midi blocks off.
In Scene 2 I saved the scene with the midi blocks on, in order to engage a delay and a chorus
on the Multiamp by changing scene. This doesn't work.
Even though the indicator light is on there is no effect turned on.
I have to manually turn the midi block off and then back on again.
Help, anyone?

Are you on the latest firmware?

Are you using the correct MIDI channel in the MIDI blocks to control your DV Amp?

Yes, I'm using the correct channel and I have the latest Firmware.
I know this because I can manually turn an effect on/off on the Multiamp with the Midi Block.
However, when I try to setup a Scene with the Multiamp effect on (in order to go from i.e. a dry to a wet sound in one click) it doesn't work. In other words, no CC message is sent from the FX8 to the Multiamp unless I physically press the button dedicated to the midi block.

Last edited:
Hi I have been trying to do something very similar too. I want to control 2 amps and a T C Electrinics G Major 2 with each patch and scene. What I would like is for scene and patch changes to send out a midi message when selected. However I have come the conclusion that whereas the scene change can be programmed to send out a midi message each midi block has be physically selected with a foot action. It does not seem possible to program a block to be on or off on selection of a scene change..

If you are interested in this being an option please see the FX8 wish list entry that I have made.

Hi I have been trying to do something very similar too. I want to control 2 amps and a T C Electrinics G Major 2 with each patch and scene. What I would like is for scene and patch changes to send out a midi message when selected. However I have come the conclusion that whereas the scene change can be programmed to send out a midi message each midi block has be physically selected with a foot action. It does not seem possible to program a block to be on or off on selection of a scene change..

If you are interested in this being an option please see the FX8 wish list entry that I have made.

Thanks for your input.
I really hope this midi CC issue can be resolved in a future firmware update. I own a Musicomlab EFX Mk IV.
It can send midi PC to the FX8, PC to the Multiamp and CC to the Multiamp simultaneously. However, I'm trying to downsize my pedalboard and I got rid of a couple of Strymon pedals in order to fund my FX8 purchase.
If the FX8 can control the Multiamp it would make my life so much easier.
I checked out the wish list. Lots of good ideas there. :)

Back
Top Bottom