Wish MIDI Block at Preset Level

Beexter

Inspired
It would be useful to have a midi block at preset level. For example, when using an external midi controller or midi enabled pedal, I would like to be able to engage a particular bank of controls or preset on an external controller or midi-enabled pedal when first selecting a preset on the FM3.

The current "Send Midi PC" option in Global settings isn't suitable for this purpose as you cannot configure/ customise the PC message the FM3 sends out - it's a fixed value.

The current MIDI block can only be assigned on a "per scene" basis whereas I only want the external device to change when I initially load the preset on the FM3. Currently, if I set the MIDI block to transmit a PC message on Scene 1, if I change scenes and return to Scene 1, it will reload the external preset.

An alternative to a MIDI block at preset level would be to add a command within the existing MIDI block to ONLY transmit a message when first entering a preset.

Last edited:
Possible workaround? I only use 5 scenes in my workflow, so I could make a copy of scene 1 to, say, scene 8 and set 8 as default for the preset. Then add the midi block to scene 8 so it runs the one time on preset load. During the song, I could use scenes 1-5 like normal and not trigger the midi block again.

Thanks for the suggestion @zionplayer. As you say, it's certainly a possible workaround (which I'll try in the short term) but a midi block at preset level or additional commands within the existing midi block would really aid functionality.

Reactions: npx
Back
Top Bottom