Mics?

Reade

Inspired
I just noticed there was (none) in the mic setting(s) in my Afe Fx. I turned one on in the presets I'm using and it fatten up the tone. Is there a reason they are set to none? I have the 13.8 I think it is.

Do you mean on the factory presets or your own? I wouldn't worry about it too much, the mic sims add colour but are not necessary, without them you are just getting the pure speaker sound (with the built in cabs anyway). Trust your ears.

The none mic allows you to adjust the proximity amount & frequency without adding mic coloration. It will fatten up the sound.

Null is also the perfect transparent mic and allows you use the proximity and related options. None turns off all mic related options.

Mics is not needed, but they add color. I like to have the option. I often use the null mic to add some punch.

IIRC, the "Null" option is identical to "None" when proximity is set to '0". However, last I looked, the default was "5". So that means there's a good deal of proximity effect is included in the default.... which explains why it sounds "fuller".

It seems to make sense to use "Null" instead of "None", and dial proximity to taste. That's what previous posts were referencing...

Back
Top Bottom