Micheal Thompson Vibrato?

jimmynorrisjr

Experienced
Has anyone managed to cop a legit Micheal Thompson Vibrato, a la VB-2? I feel like I'm pretty close, but just not quite there. I am currently using the Chorus block, with the mix at 100. I have the block only after the delays.

Has anyone managed to cop a legit Micheal Thompson Vibrato, a la VB-2? I feel like I'm pretty close, but just not quite there. I am currently using the Chorus block, with the mix at 100. I have the block only after the delays.
Do you have a soundclip or preset?

I can't find one of him now that I need it. But here is one of Ask Zach. Have a listen around the 7 min mark:

I keep getting a sea sick, too much kinda thing happening. Looking for this smooth, even sounding, almost like a bigsby sound.

The VB-2 is literally an analog chorus pedal running 100% wet. Use the rate and depth controls and mess with the LFO shape to find the warble you want. IIRC the VB-2 uses a sine wave LFO.

Last edited:
I have that much so far. It just isn't really sounding as smooth. It has a bit too much of a helicopter sound, even with the depth at 5%. I guess I will keep tinkering.

Back
Top Bottom