MFC101 MKIII & XL+ Name Timeout (SOLVED)

Morbid

Inspired
Recently got an Axe-FX XL+ and MFC-101 MKIII.
Before hooking them up for the first time, I updated the Axe-FX to the latest firmware (Q3.02). Regardless of whether I use FASLINK or Ethernet on the MK III, I get a name timeout. I made sure that its set to XL mode and to use FASLINK or Ethernet (respectively).
I updated to the latest version of Firmware for the MFC (it was on 3.06)and that changed nothing.

If I hook the MFC MK III up to my Axe-FX II MK1 via Ethernet (which is still on Quantum 1), it works fine.
If I hook my MFC MKI up to the XL+, it times out. If I hook the XL+ to my MKI MFC, it times out.
So it's related to the Axe-FX.

I've seen a hand full of people experiencing similar problems, but no one seems to have any fixes.
So, I apologize for adding more clutter to the forum, but I'm starting my own thread in hopes of getting this figured out quickly, as I have gigs coming up and was really hoping to use the new XL+.

did you select fas link or Ethernet in the xl+ I/O menu? What firm ware is the mfc on? I can not remember if there was an update in mfc firm ware for the xl+.

did you select fas link or Ethernet in the xl+ I/O menu? What firm ware is the mfc on? I can not remember if there was an update in mfc firm ware for the xl+.

Initially I hadn't selected anything in I/O, but even after trying both FASLINK and Ethercon, no change.

I'm using the latest MFC firmware, 3.08, updated from 3.06.

I feel like a moron.

With Firmware 3.06, there was only an Axe-FX XL mode, no XL+. Upon updating, I didn't see the new XL+ mode. More dredging online revealed that little piece of information. Sorry guys.

Back
Top Bottom