Mfc101 controlling fx8

Mstoner

I would really like to put my fx8 mark ii in a rack and control it with mfc 101. These are my reasons.
1) less cable to and from fx loop. Less cable better sound.
2) fx8 is less likely to have any damage to buttons or anything else.
3)I like midi rigs for one button scene changes.
4) add other fx like big sky and hex loop switcher to add more.
I'm sure I will find more reasons. Love this fx8 unit. Super amazing . Could only imagine what it
Would do with mfc101.

Although it's designed specifically for the Axe FX, when you boil it down, it's still a MIDI controller. No reason why you shouldn't be able to control the FX8 with it.

The MFC would be a great controller for the FX8. You'd choose "Axe-Fx Mode: NONE" and set things up manually. If you need any help, contact support and I will help you. The MIDI implementation is detailed on pages 87-90 of the manual. I even made you some tables for PC-->Bank/Preset and CC-->Scene.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FX8/FX8-Owners-Manual.pdf

PS: An Axe-Fx II would be even better :)

How many patches can I get on the mfc101? The Fx8 only has 8 patches u can run at once, does that mean, I get 8 patches of options on mfc101? And do all mfc101 buttons have x/y capabilities like the 8 buttons on Fx8?

I'm curious about this as well. I just got an FX8 this week and I have an old MFC-101 laying around from an old Axe-FX rig and was curious if I can use to two together. Although I'm not exactly sure for what yet.

I would really like to put my fx8 mark ii in a rack and control it with mfc 101. These are my reasons.
1) less cable to and from fx loop. Less cable better sound.
2) fx8 is less likely to have any damage to buttons or anything else.
3)I like midi rigs for one button scene changes.
4) add other fx like big sky and hex loop switcher to add more.
I'm sure I will find more reasons. Love this fx8 unit. Super amazing . Could only imagine what it
Would do with mfc101.

Looking at this a little closer, I have a few questions.

You already get one button scene changes with the FX8. What's your vision for what the MFC would add in this context?

How would the MFC increase your ability to use the Big Sky or other FX? How would it add to the ability to use a loop switcher?

Hopefully that doesn't come off as snarky. I'm genuinely curious as I'm thinking about my own setup.

Back
Top Bottom