MFC101 backup quick question ..

Billbill

Power User
Hello all,
So I have a question about using Bot to backup MFC101 mark3. I never backed up the MFC yet but after spending hours programming it to work with rack RJM effect gizmo I don’t want to waste time programming again if something crashes.
I currently have the MFC ran to AxeFx2 via FASlink which I love.
1) So is it possible to do the backup through the FASlink cable or do I need to buy another 5 pin midi cable to do it?
2) Can I leave the FASlink connected to MFC and axe so it has power still or do I have to use separate power source while running midi cable for backup of MFC101 mk3? I also have a 5 pin midi going from AxeFx to RJM effect gizmo can that stay connected as well if I’m using another midi port out of the AxeFx to MFC? Worried about cross-talk midi contamination lol. Thanks

I seem to recall that you could set the Axe Fx II as a midi passthrough and back up the MFC that way.

I personally used a USB to midi adapter.

I seem to recall that you could set the Axe Fx II as a midi passthrough and back up the MFC that way.

I personally used a USB to midi adapter.
Yeah I have a midi cable going from the rjm effects gizmo midi in to AxeFx midi out I believe. There was a setting in I/O that I had to enable that to work I think so when I opened Bot it was prompt me to select midi in/out but I thought it would still work to backup mfc with FASlink between mfc/axe but apparently not lol. I read in the manual that midi cable is still required for FW updates but doesn’t state that for backups.

Back
Top Bottom