MFC101 backup and preset editing on axe edit

Billbill

Power User
I'm connected to axe and MFC101 via FASlink I've got a few questions. Should note that I don't plan to use MFC edit program.
1) I'm only going to use FASLINK to connect my axe and MFC so will the FASLINK cable work for doing backups as well?
2) Is it ok to have axe edit up and running while I'm connected to the MFC?
3) If I edit something in axe edit will it automatically update on the MFC right away realtime?

1) I'm only going to use FASLINK to connect my axe and MFC so will the FASLINK cable work for doing backups as well?
No. You can only do MFC backups over the MIDI ort.

2) Is it ok to have axe edit up and running while I'm connected to the MFC?
Yes. But note that touching a controller on the MFC will cause Axe-Edit to pause because using both Axe-Edit and the MFC at the same time can cause synchronization issues.

3) If I edit something in axe edit will it automatically update on the MFC right away realtime?
More or less, yes.

No. You can only do MFC backups over the MIDI ort.

Yes. But note that touching a controller on the MFC will cause Axe-Edit to pause because using both Axe-Edit and the MFC at the same time can cause synchronization issues.

More or less, yes.

I’m slightly confused about the MFC Iaresee. I have just ordered the MFCIII and am going to be doing some programming with the unit. Are you saying that a person can program the MFC with Axe Edit whilst programming the Axe? That would be far easier than programming from the front of the MFC? In short I want the same layout for all of my patches just with different FX and Amp setups from time to time. I will never be using the MFC in vastly different button layouts and would like a template to run throughout the MFC and then just pull different FX in and out of that basic scheme. Knowwhatimean?

Are you saying that a person can program the MFC with Axe Edit whilst programming the Axe?
No. Axe-Edit is for editing the Axe-Fx II only.

If you want a graphical editor for the MFC-101 try MFC-Edit. It's a offline editor. You download a copy of the MFC's settings to your computer, edit them with MFC-Edit and then re-upload the changes into your MFC-101. All using a MIDI interface.

No. Axe-Edit is for editing the Axe-Fx II only.

If you want a graphical editor for the MFC-101 try MFC-Edit. It's a offline editor. You download a copy of the MFC's settings to your computer, edit them with MFC-Edit and then re-upload the changes into your MFC-101. All using a MIDI interface.
It's also not free... But it is worth the small charge IMO.

It's also not free... But it is worth the small charge IMO.
Thanks guys.
One last question. I’m returning to the Axe from another modeler and am wondering if Fractal has made the MFC 101 3rd generation pedal easier to program from the face of the pedal board than previous versions.

Thanks guys.
One last question. I’m returning to the Axe from another modeler and am wondering if Fractal has made the MFC 101 3rd generation pedal easier to program from the face of the pedal board than previous versions.
There have been no big changes to the UI on the MFC. The different versions have added new connection standards (Ether-Con, FASLink) and better switches (silent, capacitive touch).

Thanks guys.
MFC Edit has improved, though. The "virtual MFC" utility makes it very easy to drag and drop button assignments, as well as seeing bank size and starting preset (a new feature for mkIII).

Back
Top Bottom