MFC10 Mk3 talking Egyptian

lp59

Experienced
Went to rehearsal with my XL and MFC Mk3, connected both with Faslink as usual, my MFC don't respond anymore, only displaying some kind of hieroglyph.
The MFC doesn't boot anymore, the displaying of the strange writings appears imediately when powering on.
Tried Faslink, Ethercon, and 9V powersupply without anything connected. Same trouble.
Tried to enter firmware update mode by pressing sw1 before powering, nothing.
Tried to enter reset mode by pressing sw11 before powering, nada.

I spent my rehearsal changing presets and scenes manually from the Axe. No wah, no volume pedal, no IA switches, a real pain in the butt.
I'm turning green because I sold my Mk 2 last week...

Any idea of what I could try (beside contacting support and G66) are welcome.

MFC_bug.jpeg

I wrote to G66 and got an answer 2 hours later, and we are Sunday evening, what an awesome service.
He is sending me a new one tomorrow with prepaid UPS label for the return of the faulty one.
G66 is a hell of a company, providing the same dedication to his customers as FAS does.
I still hope that somebody from Fractal will chime in to give me their point of view of what could have caused this failure.
Just curious.

Mine did the same thing when I accidentally hit 2 switches simultaneously, it corrected itself on the next scene change.

Mine is blocked. No switch functioning, no led lit, only the display talking dirty to me... Would really like to know what could have caused the trouble. No schock (not talking about me!), I caried it carefully from home to the rehearsal place in my car, mounted and protected with the Pedal Train softcase.

Back
Top Bottom