MFC switching an XY

mattseed

Inspired
Hello guys. I have been trying to figure out how to make a switch on the MFC change to the Y of an XY effect I have set.

I have a reverb set to a switch on the MFC but then when I press another switch I want it to go to the Y effect of the same reverb and of course stop the original X setting.

Hope this makes sense ?

Thank you for any help.
Matthew

Follow the instructions in the manual para 5.1 page 21 and set up a switch for the respective x/y function.

E.g. for reverb 1 set it to x/y reverb 1.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help it's much appreciated. I have a form of dyslexia and I struggle and get over faced with the Manuel so I appreciate your help. I have just looked at that page and can't see where it mentions an IA swapping an XY state, am I missing something. Thank you.

At step 6 of setting up the IA you have to scroll through the list of the available Axe FX functions on the MFC. The x/y functions are shown in the 3rd and 4th column of the list 5.1.1 page 22.

Thank you for that. I just tried that and it's not working. The bit I can't understand is when you come to assign what you want in step 6 there there's no just X or just Y there's only XY so how do you assign one switch as X and one as Y. Sorry to be a pain.

I have just done this with some kind of success. I've set it up so IA15 on MFC is rev and IA17 is revXY. It's a bit odd what's happening, when both lights are on it's in rev mode X but if I step on IA15 it goes to Y state on IA17? It's all a bit odd. I've got axe edit running on my mac as I play and it's not changing the XY states on there at all? Matt

Hi guys, I am really struggeling with this. I have wiped it all and started again and still get problems. This is what I'm doing

IA 15 reverb1
IA 17 reverbXY

I have the reverb itself set with an XY setting which is basically a reverb boost on the Y. When I click the IA 15 on the MFC nothing happens, when I click the IA17 I get the Y setting.

Really confused, has anyone got any ideas as to why it might be doing this please?
Matthew

is there any way you can post a picture here of the mfc setup screen that shows you have IA 15 as Reverb 1? also reverb xy? it's REV1 XY correct?

Hi Chris, you mean take a snap of the screen on the MFC of each IA ? I could do that yeah, but it's exactly as you've put the 15 has REVERB1 and yes, switch 17 has REV1 XY. Not quite sure why it's going so wrong for me.....I've been tackling this for a few nights now. Thanks for your input.

Matthew,

If you re-select the preset in question, what colour are the IA15 and IA17 lights on the MFC?

Hi ya, when I go back to the preset cold.....IA15 is lit up but not IA17 ? And when I press IA17, IA15 stays lit too??? Thank you.

Hi ya, the LED lights are green when pressed. Not with it at the moment but I know that IA17 isn't lit up red when not active like an effect would normally be.....as I'm not with it I can't just remember if that's the case with IA15 too.... But let me know if that will help. Thank you soooo much for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to use scenes but I couldn't achieve what I wanted which was 2 effects, delay and reverb to both have a alternate boosted setting. Scenes works for one or the other but not both independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ya, when I go back to the preset cold.....IA15 is lit up but not IA17 ? And when I press IA17, IA15 stays lit too??? Thank you.

That sounds right. Opening up your preset where rev1 on is the default with X selected. Pressing IA 17 to change x/y should not change on/off state.

So: pressing IA 15 disables the effect, independent of x/y and x/y works on an enabled 15.

Considering this, what is still going wrong?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi McChiel thanks for the help. This Is really odd. I have treble checked the settings and everything you mentioned above is in order. IA15 has reverb1 and IA17 has rev1 XY. What is happening now is this:

When I first come into the preset the IA15 is green but the reverb is the boosted one i.e what should be on the IA17. And sure enough when I step on IA17 I get the X reverb that should be on IA15..... So basically they are back to front. They are defo assigned to the correct IA I promise you.

This is driving me nuts and I really can not figure it out why something so simple isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom