MFC spitting out expression pedal cables

ScotHessler

Inspired
I used to run a single pedal through the Axe's expression jack, but have added a second pedal, so I've moved to using the expression pedal jacks on my MFC and have found that over the course of a few hours to a few days that the cables are coming back out of the jacks. The MFC isn't moved around and this happens even if I'm not anywhere near it. I plug the cables in, walk away, and when I come back later they're half (or more) unplugged.

Has anyone else seen this?

I've got 4 connected and never experienced this. Using MFC MKIII...

Maybe try some different cables?

I used to run a single pedal through the Axe's expression jack, but have added a second pedal, so I've moved to using the expression pedal jacks on my MFC and have found that over the course of a few hours to a few days that the cables are coming back out of the jacks. The MFC isn't moved around and this happens even if I'm not anywhere near it. I plug the cables in, walk away, and when I come back later they're half (or more) unplugged.

Has anyone else seen this?
i've seen this once or twice over the 10 years of this forum. i don't quite remember the solution, but maybe a forum search can find it?

Different brands of 1/4 plugs have a slightly different tip shapes and tolerances. Some are more prone to creeping out than others. Cheap plugs can even be out of spec and not line up properly in the jack. Try a different plug brand.

I've not experienced this on the MFC but in old pre-Axe FX days I did and that was exactly as has been suggested above - some leads are slightly out of tolerance and so in my case the plastic shroud prevented a proper connection being made so the spring inside the jack socket slowly forced the plug back out.

Interesting. You aren't located near an ancient burial site or something are ya? ;)

The house came with a no evil spirit guarantee. It was an extra cost option, but seemed like the right thing to do. ;-)

I'll look at some different cables. Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom