Bug? MFC selects a few random patches after power on

hhjh.de

Inspired
Axe-FX II, MFC Mk III, Connected via XA-2 FASLINK™ Adapter, Mission EP-1 pedal connected into Expression 1 (but if I unplug it, the behaviour does not change). Axe FX and MFC are on the latest firmware.

When I boot up the MFC (regardless if I have it connected before or after booting up the Axe-FX), the Axe-Fx quickly selects around 5-6 patches and ends on patch 009. Looks to me as if there is a couple of MIDI messages fired which the Axe-Fx interprets wrongly as Program Change messages. The patches seem to be always the same.

From then on, everything works normal. It is not a big problem, it is only mildly annoying. This behaviour started recently, I have tried to think of sth I changed, but haven't found anything.
I don't believe in a transmission error due to a faulty FASLINK connection, because everything works flawless after the boot sequence. Tuner works as well on the MFC.

How do I get rid of this?

I have the same or a similar issue. It used to open the last selected patch. Now it always end up on the same patch after a power on. I haven't update the mfc to the last version yet but the axe is updated. Are you all up to date? I was going to update it this weekend to see if it fixes it.

I have upgraded to Quantum Beta, reset my MFC, and set it back to my setting (model Axe-Fx II, expression pedal 1 to MIDI CC16, XP2 to CC17, both set to BeginPDL, both calibrated, and changed IA8 from Phaser to Rotary), and the problem is still existing. More and more annoying. Can somebody help? Cliff?

After resetting the MFC and setting it back to the Axe-Fx II setting, it seemed normal. But after I set up the XPs and the IA8 and pressed the exit/save button to exit the setup, the weird behaviour showed immediately, the AxeFx was switching quickly to the presets 10, 124, 1, 116, 3, 15, 9. It is always these presets.

have you tried it without the FASlink adaptor and just using an Ethernet cable from MFC to Axe?

I have exactly the same problem. AxeFx 2 Mk1 and MFC101 Mk3 and LinkAdapter for the AxeFx.

It ends also and always at patch 9. With ethernet cable everything works fine. Changing the XLR cable (lenght) has a little influence.
It is only a boot or synchronisation problem after boot up. After reaching the final patch 9 everthing works as expected.

Last edited:
If it works fine with Ethernet cable I would try different xlr cables. I have had trouble with an axe xl and mfc III with cheap xlr cables. I have started taking ohm readings on my cables and I am really amazed how much the cable resitance varies among cables. a cable with high resistance(2 ohm or higher) will cause my mfc to only light up the display back light with no display, and light all the switch led lights red and no response of any kind. I used to think if a cable made connection it was fine, but this ain't the case here.

If it works fine with Ethernet cable I would try different xlr cables. I have had trouble with an axe xl and mfc III with cheap xlr cables. I have started taking ohm readings on my cables and I am really amazed how much the cable resitance varies among cables. a cable with high resistance(2 ohm or higher) will cause my mfc to only light up the display back light with no display, and light all the switch led lights red and no response of any kind. I used to think if a cable made connection it was fine, but this ain't the case here.

Mine has 1.0 to 1.2 Ohms. It is a relatively short cable, but definately not a good one. I noticed the MFC display light flickers a bit.

Alright, I'll upgrade ;)

Same issue here that wasn't resolved with updating the mfc and the axe. Using the faslink AX-1 to my Axe 2 Mk2 and xlr to my mfc mk3.

Changing xlr doesn't fix it.

It didn't use to do this.
If I open the axe without the mfc, it opens the last used patch.

Back
Top Bottom