MFC Scene Type Scenario with Axe-FX Mode ON?

orangenoise

Inspired
So...

I want to be able to setup presets on the MFC that control the state of Axe-FX2 presets. An example of this... Say I have patch 1 (on the axe-fx) that has two delays, two drives an amp and a cab. I want to be able to access a MFC preset that will turn on delay 1 and drive 1 and leave the others off. Then access a second MFC preset that will turn delay and drive one off and turn the others on in the same Axe-FX patch. So that I'm only working with a single preset on the AxeFX and multiple presets on the MFC. Kind of like a scene changer.

Now the hard part. I want to be able to do the above while in Axe-FX2 mode on the MFC. So that I can still see tempo and tuner, etc.

It appears that when I engage Axe-FX2 mode that the internal presets on the MFC are overlooked and the MFC only accesses the patches on the Axe-FX. This makes it so that I can't save IA Switch states.

Can someone enlighten me on how to accomplish this?

It's possible if you change the IA switch Axe-FX fucntions to "NONE" and add the block bypass CCs as general use commands instead.

Thanks Bakerman. Yeah, I've tried that and it works. However, in AxeFx mode the internal presets for the MFC are not used. Thats where I would store the different scenes.

What did you change to "NONE": individual IA switch functions, or the MFC's Axe-FX mode? What I meant is that you can leave the MFC in Axe-FX II mode, but edit the settings of individual IAs. The ones that aren't set to an Axe-FX function should be able to have a stored state for each MFC preset that gets sent out when loading that preset.

I've found it "easier" to assign the bypass parameter of a given block to an External Controller on the Axe-Fx and then use an Internal CC on the MFC to trigger it. Plus, you can also link other parameters to the same External controller and, for example, bump up the gain on your Drive block while simultaneously engaging your Delay block. Very handy and much of the programming can be accomplished via Axe-Edit instead of on the clunky MFC.

Back
Top Bottom