MFC Saves Changed Preset

kruzty

Inspired
I haven't yet tried to duplicate this, but the other night I was on a preset and the MFC was in Preset mode. I used some IAs to turn some effects on and some off. Then, I setup a Song on the MFC and changed it to Song mode. Later, when I went back to the original preset I was using, the effects were on/off like I had last left when using the MFC (NOT as I had saved it from the Axe - I hadn't touched the Axe this entire time).

Is it possible (or maybe even a "feature" I wasn't aware of) that pressing the MFC's Exit/Save saved an edited preset?

If you are not using Axe-Fx mode, or if you have IA Switches set to NONE in "IA Axe-Fx", AND if you have the MFC's "SAVE EDITS" switch set to ON, it can behave as you describe.

I am using Axe-Fx mode and I am using the IAs (but I'll have to check that setting). I'll look at the Save Edits, but I have not explicitly enabled it. Also, isn't that only supposed to save the MFC's state? The changes I'm talking about were saved to the preset in the Axe-Fx.

AFAIK you cannot save IA states on MFC101 when you're in AxeFx mode using "dedicated AxeFx IA functions" for IAs,
if you change IAs state on MFC you have to save it on AxeFx.

Muris_Varajic said:
AFAIK you cannot save IA states on MFC101 when you're in AxeFx mode using "dedicated AxeFx IA functions" for IAs,
if you change IAs state on MFC you have to save it on AxeFx.

That's why I'm posting this in the bugs section - it appears that something I did on the MFC caused my preset to be saved in the Axe-Fx (and that shouldn't happen).

For example, let's say there was a preset in the Axe-Fx that did not have the chorus on. I use to the MFC to switch the chorus on (Axe-Fx mode and Axe-Fx IA). Then, I changed the settings on the MFC as described in my original post. Then, I switched to another preset using the MFC, then back to the original one. Only, now the chorus is on by default. So, the conclusion is that the MFC caused the Axe-Fx to save the preset.

OK, this is easily reproduced. Start with the MFC in Axe-Fx mode, Operate Mode on SONG.

1. Select a preset and change the state of one of the IAs with the MFC.

2. Select EDIT -> SETUP -> OperateMode on the MFC and change it to PRESET.

3. Select EXIT/SAVE

4. Go to the preset from step one (with Axe-Fx or MFC) and notice that the bypass state of the effect assigned to the IA was saved.

This also happens going from PRESET mode to SONG mode.

Back
Top Bottom