MFC question/issue with video

Yeah I am connecting with EtherCon. I was wondering about a link for the factory reset. Chris I will have to look through the menu tomorrow. Still getting used to using it. where would I find the Bank size.
I used your video for setting it up. Can you update firmware with the ethercon or do I need to do it another way.

From the video it looks like you have some preset mapping going on.
Since its just the first 10 presets, easy to check.
On the Axe Fx go to I/O page over to midi (to keep things simple for now) make sure mapping mode is on NONE. Scroll down to MAP FROM PRESET. Turn the dial take notice of MAP TO PRESET. The numbers from MAP FROM PRESET & MAP TO PRESET should match (for what you want) if not go to MAP TO PRESET and change number to match.
While you are here for simplicity sake also scroll down to DISPLAY OFFSET and change it to “1”.

Could be mapping from the MFC also.
On your MFC go to EXIT/SAVE > SETUP page to AXE-FX DISPLAYOFST make sure this is set to “1” page over one more time to MFC101 DISPLAYOFST make sure this is also set to “1”
Hit SETUP again then go to MIDI page over to AXE-FX TOTALSYNC set it to ON (this has nothing to do with your problem just a little house keeping while you’re there)
Page over one more time to AXE-FX TXMAP hit the INCR button and like the Axe Fx you want to see 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, and so on if not make the adjustments. If some of you numbers are not mapping correct. Leave the group of numbers on the left alone change the ones on the right.

John

Sweet that worked now I just need to setup the mapping the way I want and make sure it is going to operate correctly. Thanks for the input John Chris and everyone. Still one question when an update comes out for the MFC will I use the ethercon to update or do I need another connection. I read something that led me to believe I need another kind of cable.

Ok I got that straightened out but now I can't get say button 1 on the MFC to swithch to say preset 100 on the axe fx. I set map from preset (1) and map to preset (100) but it still switches to the default 1=1 2=2 etc. which is weird because it used that method to switch it back to 1=1 and so on. ahh the troubles of being a noob.

Sweet that worked now I just need to setup the mapping the way I want and make sure it is going to operate correctly. Thanks for the input John Chris and everyone. Still one question when an update comes out for the MFC will I use the ethercon to update or do I need another connection. I read something that led me to believe I need another kind of cable.
To update the MFC you will need a 5-pin MIDI cable.

There is two methods to update the MFC: MIDI cable + Power Adaptor or MIDI cable + EtherCON. In that second method, the EtherCON is used ONLY to power the MFC. You must use ONLY one power source, thats it either the power adaptor or the EtherCON cable, never both.
Here is the guide: MFC-101 Firmware Update Guide - Fractal-Bot - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
There is a .pdf that comes with the firmware that explains the procedure too.

I can detail you the procedure step by step if you don't get it with the guides.
Chris also have a video explaining how to update it: How to Update Firmware on the MFC-101 | AxeFxTutorials.com
I think he uses the MIDI cable + EtherCON method in his video.

Ok I got that straightened out but now I can't get say button 1 on the MFC to swithch to say preset 100 on the axe fx. I set map from preset (1) and map to preset (100) but it still switches to the default 1=1 2=2 etc. which is weird because it used that method to switch it back to 1=1 and so on. ahh the troubles of being a noob.
Just to keep it simple for now on the Axe Fx I/O > MIDI and check the following.
MAP FROM PRESET 1
MAPTO PRESET 1
MAP TO SCENE 1
BTW don’t map anything on the Axe Fx itself, keep it the default 1=1 2=2 and so on
Do all the mapping from the MFC
On the MFC: EDIT > SETUP. Then page over to BANKSTYLE and set to NONE. (exit save that)
EDIT > MIDI, page to AXE-FX TXMAP xxx > xxx Numbers to the left are MFC and numbers to the right are what you want the Axe Fx to recall.
Example:
AXE-FX TXMAP 001 > 001 (change to)
AXE-FX TXMAP 001 > 101
AXE-FX TXMAP 002 > 151
AXE-FX TXMAP 003 > 021
and so on. Exit to save

John

Mapping is so complicated.

Just move the presets around on the Axe to the order you want using the Swap function in the Store menu on the front panel, or use axe-edit.

Then you can leave the MFC at default values and not wonder what switch is what.

Last edited:
Mapping is so complicated.

Just move the presets around on the Axe using the Swap function in the Store menu on the front panel, or use axe-edit.

Then you can leave the MFC at default values and not wonder what switch is what.
Totally agree with Chris
But you asked tas9195 :lol
John

What you said makes sense John, but right after I asked the question it dawned on me to do what chris said and I just moved the presets the 1st 3 presets.

Thanks for the links. I think I remember seeing that in one of Chris's vids. I have a 7 pin midi from my rocktron but don't think I have a 5 pin. will the 7 pin work. I know it can be finicky on certain cables used

To update the MFC you will need a 5-pin MIDI cable.

There is two methods to update the MFC: MIDI cable + Power Adaptor or MIDI cable + EtherCON. In that second method, the EtherCON is used ONLY to power the MFC. You must use ONLY one power source, thats it either the power adaptor or the EtherCON cable, never both.
Here is the guide: MFC-101 Firmware Update Guide - Fractal-Bot - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
There is a .pdf that comes with the firmware that explains the procedure too.

I can detail you the procedure step by step if you don't get it with the guides.
Chris also have a video explaining how to update it: How to Update Firmware on the MFC-101 | AxeFxTutorials.com
I think he uses the MIDI cable + EtherCON method in his video.

Thanks for the links. I think I remember seeing that in one of Chris's vids. I have a 7 pin midi from my rocktron but don't think I have a 5 pin. will the 7 pin work. I know it can be finicky on certain cables used

No, you must use a 5-pin MIDI cable.

Back
Top Bottom