MFC problem the day before a gig!!! HELP!

I have had my Axe-Fx2 and MFC-101 a while now and all was fine until I changed my UTP cable from the Axe-Fx 2 to the MFC. Now the MFC is no longer working and changing back to the old cable doesn't help! I have a gig tomorrow!

Can you tell me how to fix this?

Sincerely,
-Joost Assink

Did and/or does the MFC power up when you first changed cables (or does it now)?....if it didnt, it worries me that your replacement cable was not wired correctly or bad etc.

Are you sure this was a normal ethernet cable....not a crossover cable that you may have had laying around etc?

You do not and/or did not have the AC adapter for MFC plugged in while using ethernet cable...correct?

Have you tried using a MIDI cable with the MFC? (read instructions for MIDI cable type being used; power adapter etc.)

*If you can rule out the above items and it is still an issue (no pwer to the MFC) you should contact support via email if damage has been done to the controller

Did and/or does the MFC power up when you first changed cables (or does it now)?....if it didnt, it worries me that your replacement cable was not wired correctly or bad etc.

Are you sure this was a normal ethernet cable....not a crossover cable that you may have had laying around etc?

You do not and/or did not have the AC adapter for MFC plugged in while using ethernet cable...correct

Have you tried using a MIDI cable with the MFC? (read instructions for MIDI cable type being used; power adapter etc.)

*If you can rule out the above items and it is still an issue (no pwer to the MFC) you should contact support via email if damage has been done to the controller

-No it doesn't light up at all, not with the new cable or the old

-Yes, brand new from a computer store!

-Nope, don't even have one.

-I already sent them an email

Did you stick it in the USB port? :mrgreen

Get the MIDI cable. You need it for updates anyway.
(not every MIDI cable can get deep enough into the Axe, so get the longest connector)

Feeling for ya bro. Mine flaked the other night. The display is working-but not lit up. All my buttons work though, so I can live without the display. Useless for tuning for me anyway, so I just need my buttons-and they are labeled. Hopefully mine is just a flaky cable-it is a very long cheap one. I'll grab a nice cat-6 from the office today. I always have a backup around-which I am picking up from the old band space tomorrow. An all-access that I got from scott. I need to set it up for the new setup I am using, but after that-good to go. Hopefully you can get your hands on some other midi controller to get you by.

It's always a good idea to have a power supply and 7 way midi cable handy in case the ethernet flakes out. I have one in my MFC case all the time... just in case.

Thanks guys. I still have my Gordius lying around, so I programmed that last night. That'll hold me just fine. Although I don't have the luxury of switching pedals on or off within a patch anymore.

According to Matt from supports it'll have to go to a repair center.

I do have that seven prong midi cable lying around, and plenty of 9 VDC power supplies, however, no 9 VAC.

It's always a good idea to have a power supply and 7 way midi cable handy in case the ethernet flakes out. I have one in my MFC case all the time... just in case.

Yep. I have the cable and I think-the adapter, in my spares bag in the car. Might be the rocktron adapter, though that may work with it.

Back
Top Bottom