MFC Preset Bank help Please

midi dummy here, I have a gig in 3 weeks and really need something to change presets in my iii. I kept my MFC MK3 but can’t figure out how to program it so it can simply change presets any help would be greatly appreciated

change the Axe-Fx Mode to None in Setup.

from here, Preset Changes should already work. they might even work without changing the mode. have you plugged it in with a MIDI cable yet? what have you tried?

change the Axe-Fx Mode to None in Setup.

from here, Preset Changes should already work. they might even work without changing the mode. have you plugged it in with a MIDI cable yet? what have you tried?
I will be trying tonight just been being patient to see if anyone was gonna post a video but I’ll try that

MFC MIDI Out to Axe MIDI In.

the signal is going from the MFC to the Axe. so out to in following the path the signal flows.

are you pressing a preset switch on the MFC? that's usually the only thing needed to send a Preset Change message.
I basically set my mfc up for my xl+ to switch presets. So if I tap 1 it was preset 1, 2 preset 2, 3 preset 3 etc no scenes if that makes sense. I’m trying to change presets with the mfc instead of having to turn the dial

I basically set my mfc up for my xl+ to switch presets. So if I tap 1 it was preset 1, 2 preset 2, 3 preset 3 etc no scenes if that makes sense. I’m trying to change presets with the mfc instead of having to turn the dial
so my question is you have your MFC plugged into the Axe-Fx III as i suggested above, and then you are pressing the Preset switches on the MFC?

you turned off the Axe-Fx Mode?

you're using a 5 pin midi cable from MFC MIDI Out to Axe-Fx III Midi in?

Axe fx - none / 5 pin midi / nothing switches
i'm not near an Axe3, but from the Home screen press Knob E for setup. then NAV to the MIDI section and press enter. is there any entry that says something like "Receive PC Messages"? if so, make sure that's turned on.

maybe someone near their Axe3 can help you further.

i'm not near an Axe3, but from the Home screen press Knob E for setup. then NAV to the MIDI section and press enter. is there any entry that says something like "Receive PC Messages"? if so, make sure that's turned on.

maybe someone near their Axe3 can help you further.
Send midi pc was set to off I’m assuming set to 1

Got my III up and running tonight and setup my first preset so feeling accomplished there. Tomorrow night I’ll try setting up the MFC. Need to setup 5 scenes in my presets. I updated my MFC Edit to the latest version. Hoping this will make the process easier.

Got my III up and running tonight and setup my first preset so feeling accomplished there. Tomorrow night I’ll try setting up the MFC. Need to setup 5 scenes in my presets. I updated my MFC Edit to the latest version. Hoping this will make the process easier.
What IR's are you using? Thanks.

Yes, that's what I used on my XL and my AX8. Gonna keep using them on the III as well for now. Ain't broke so why fix it right? LOL! But whatever cab is on the new 5153 preset in the III sounds really good too so I'm going to play with the new factory ones as well and see how they sound.

I can get mine to respond to 2 diff midi controllers but not the mfc. I have it in Axe FX mode NONE and preset mode. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom