MFC !!! (Please share your thoughts on config setup with scenes / looper)

FrenchFry

I'm just starting to use scenes. What a terrific feature.
I'm also using the looper when reveal is pressed and held for a while.

I currently have my MFC programmed to switch scenes on buttons 1-5 after reveal is pressed, after seeing a youtube demo with this config.
Buttons 6-15 are currently set to toggle individual effects. It seems redundant because my scenes are mostly toggling these for now. I'm planning on redoing a couple presets in a few days and I'm going to overhaul my MFC config.

This is more tap dancing than I care for, so I'm thinking about switching it all up so that I can use the looper and have 8 scenes available at all times.

I'm thinking 11-15 for looper controls, 1-8 for scenes, and Boost at 10, which leaves 9 open for something I guess. But I would still need to "reveal" to get to scenes 1-5.

I'm not sold on this setup because of that need for the reveal button to distinguish between preset / scene change. So I'm trying to see if I can have 1-5 always be scenes, unless the preset bank button is pushed. So a preset switch would be two clicks.

I'm interested if any one has suggestions about what I'm trying to do, or also would like to hear about other setups that I maybe haven't thought of.

Please share your setup?

Set your "bank size" to 0 and use the bank up and down buttons to scroll through presets. With the "scenes" function you won't need to change presets during a song much (if ever)

I'm just starting to use scenes. What a terrific feature.
I'm also using the looper when reveal is pressed and held for a while.

I currently have my MFC programmed to switch scenes on buttons 1-5 after reveal is pressed, after seeing a youtube demo with this config.
Buttons 6-15 are currently set to toggle individual effects. It seems redundant because my scenes are mostly toggling these for now. I'm planning on redoing a couple presets in a few days and I'm going to overhaul my MFC config.

This is more tap dancing than I care for, so I'm thinking about switching it all up so that I can use the looper and have 8 scenes available at all times.

I'm thinking 11-15 for looper controls, 1-8 for scenes, and Boost at 10, which leaves 9 open for something I guess. But I would still need to "reveal" to get to scenes 1-5.

I'm not sold on this setup because of that need for the reveal button to distinguish between preset / scene change. So I'm trying to see if I can have 1-5 always be scenes, unless the preset bank button is pushed. So a preset switch would be two clicks.

I'm interested if any one has suggestions about what I'm trying to do, or also would like to hear about other setups that I maybe haven't thought of.

Please share your setup?

I am following this thread as you are steps ahead of me, and hopefully others will chime in!

This part works for me in a similar capacity as the O.P.'s wishes

T.C. - set your bank size to 0
Edit > Setup (5) > Page right (7) until you see "bank size" > change this to "0" using Down/Decr
save (edit button)

setting your I.A.'s
Edit > Midi (4) > Page Right (7) until you see "IA01 Axe-Fx (xxxxxxxx)"
Parameter left/right (11 & 12 respectively) allow you to switch to what will be changed with "up"/"down" keys. Up/down to select the switch you want to change, then paramaeter across and then up/down to change what you want that switch to do. For instance, mine for 6 says "IA06 Axe-Fx SCENE1" up to 10 as scene 5, but I want to set 1-5 as looper controls...

Herein lies the roblem, there seems to only be the option here to turn the looper on/off via bypass, no actual controls to set these buttons as looper control switches. Theres a way to do it (before looper control mode came out) with CC#'s and such, but I've no idea how that works or how to set it. Anyone care to help out??

Back
Top Bottom