mfc not repsonding after quantum update

moo cow

Inspired
so after updating from quantum beta to the real quantum, my mfc doesn't respond to any switches except the bottom row, which i have allotted for presets. if i change presets then all the IA blocks switches start working like normal.

then all is great,

until i turn the axe off and back on again and it's stuck in the same state.

anyone else having this issue?

any ideas?

thanks

Mine does exactly the same. MFC Mark III with latest firmware and Axe-FX II Mark I with Quantum v1.
I have it set up to Bank Size 0 so the bottom row is for Scene changes.
The Scene change does not work until you switch to another preset once. After that, it works normally.

if you change your MFC to a different bank size, save/exit, then change it back to what you want, does that fix things? (this trick fixed other issues before.)

if you change your MFC to a different bank size, save/exit, then change it back to what you want, does that fix things? (this trick fixed other issues before.)
Ha! I was just doing that.
Nope. Changing to Bank Size 1, Save/Exit and back to Bank Size 0. It remains the same.

It's just upon start. Once you switch to another preset it Works as it should. I didn't noticed it before because I usually cycle presets on start.
It's not a biggie, but looks like definetely a bug.

i feel i've read about this behavior for a while now though... maybe some forum research has the answer?

Dunno, I'll look into that, but looks like a Quantum thing. It didn't happened to me before.

Same issue here with an Axe-Fx II Mk I (Quantum 1.0) and an MFC-101 Mk III (3.08 ). Did not have the problem before, neither with Axe-Fx firmware v19 (in combination with v3.08 on the MFC) nor Quantum 1 beta. Reinstalling the firmwares on both the Axe-Fx II and the MFC did not help.

Yep same issue here also.

After start up, my volume pedal has no effect until I bank up / down then all is well again.

When I used to use my MFC before it became my Back-up I always had the same problem.
My solution was to power up the Axe first then the MFC and it worked fine...

Mark 1. Same issue. Axe will not respond to MFC changes except changing the preset. Then it goes back to normal. It will also "fix it" if I do the preset change using the Axe front panel. I thought I had a bad cord at last night's gig and was really scrambling. I finally got it working (don't know how) but then it happened again this morning at church practice. Then I saw this thread and got mine out and have the same behavior. I've never had this issue before Quantum 1.0.

My MFC Mark II won't respond the tuner button. The tuner on the AxeFX works fine. Maybe I just need to reset something. Other button on the MFC seem to work okay.

Check in the I/O Area on the Axe and make sure the Tuner is set to Control#15 and also on the MFC.

Last edited:
This issue has popped up in a few threads since Quantum. Cliff respoded in one of them. He thought that it had to do with the new 'Splash screen'. By the time the 'Splash screen' finishes, the MFC has already finished attempting to poll the Axe FX for the switch states.
Or something like that..............He recommended selecting another preset to get it back in sync until he fixes it.

so after updating from quantum beta to the real quantum, my mfc doesn't respond to any switches except the bottom row, which i have allotted for presets. if i change presets then all the IA blocks switches start working like normal.

then all is great,

until i turn the axe off and back on again and it's stuck in the same state.

anyone else having this issue?

any ideas?

thanks

Same here.

Cliff and FAS staff are probably way too busy right now with the Amp show and AX8 launch - so I'd say best thing to do is just do the change preset trick after first boot up until the dust settles and then maybe a AxeFXII Mk1/Mk2 FW update can be done to fix it.

As an addendum to my last post, this issue does continue to happen, but only after I first boot up the AxeFX + MFC. When I change a preset, the MFC is suddenly responsive. Looks like this issue is known and will be addressed in a future firmware update. So, it's a minor quibble and hardly a showstopper. Glad to know it's not just me!

Yep same issue here also.

After start up, my volume pedal has no effect until I bank up / down then all is well again.

Same here after installing Q1 on my AxeFx II Mk1 with MFC Mk1. MFC does not function until a preset change is done.

Back
Top Bottom