MFC-MKII+XL

sk8te4free7

Inspired
Can someone help me setup my MFC-101 MkII with an XL? latest FW is installed on both units, using an ethercon cable too

Last edited:
I get a "Axe-Fx Name Timeout!" MFC, i tried copying the way i used to have it on my mk1 to the xl but i don't get the name change when i press a button on the mfc.

btw they rewarded me with the discount!! i love fractal even more now :D

I get a "Axe-Fx Name Timeout!" MFC, i tried copying the way i used to have it on my mk1 to the xl but i don't get the name change when i press a button on the mfc.

btw they rewarded me with the discount!! i love fractal even more now :D

Hell yeah man! Glad to hear it. Good luck getting your issue solved :D.

On the XL is IO->Midi->MFC set to ethercon?

i feel pretty stupid lol i'm noticing that my mfc won't go passed preset 384, its odd but when i go the the saved preset i added on the axe, it finally shows on the mfc. do i have to change the number where the mfc is suppose to be starting at when turned on?

Without using the TxMap feature of the MFC, you won't be able to access presets above 384. I don't use that feature. I use bank D for backing up things and noodling around.

i feel pretty stupid lol i'm noticing that my mfc won't go passed preset 384, its odd but when i go the the saved preset i added on the axe, it finally shows on the mfc. do i have to change the number where the mfc is suppose to be starting at when turned on?

The MFC-101 only has 384 presets, it can't go higher than that. To access those presets you have to use the Axe-fx Tx Map function.
See the MFC-101 manual, section 12.4.3 Axe-Fx Preset Transmit Map for more on this feature.

Without using the TxMap feature of the MFC, you won't be able to access presets above 384. I don't use that feature. I use bank D for backing up things and noodling around.

Oh, so in this case Bank D is for backing up the original presets created? while we still have to use Bank A and such to like... use the mfc properly (in my case i mean)?

Oh, so in this case Bank D is for backing up the original presets created? while we still have to use Bank A and such to like... use the mfc properly (in my case i mean)?

I don't use that many presets, so I copied my bank A (my presets) to Bank D and then loaded the new A,B and C presets. So I could check them out. I don't have MFC (LF+Jr+)

You can use the Axe-fx TX <ap to access any of the XL:s presets. It is just by default they are mapped 1 to 1. You can map MFC-101 preset X086 to preset #500 on the XL if you wish.

You can use the Axe-fx TX <ap to access any of the XL:s presets. It is just by default they are mapped 1 to 1. You can map MFC-101 preset X086 to preset #500 on the XL if you wish.

Oh i forgot about mapping them.. that's what i was looking for, now i gotta reinstall the factory Bank A and then put my presets on the Bank D lol

Btw, what is the "Axe-fx TX <ap"? where can i find that?

Back
Top Bottom