MFC incoming...what do I need to know?

somata

Inspired
I picked up a used MFC off of the classifieds here last week and it's due to arrive tomorrow. Any tips or pointers before I dive in? I have a Ground Control Pro in 4 presets/8 IA switches mode and will likely use a similar set-up for the MFC. I like using the controller more like a pedalboard, with some presets that have fx on and "preloaded" and some dry that I add fx in and out of. I definitely want to take advantage of the looper now that I'll have a more expansive controller...and am thinking that's where the reveal mode will come in handy?

I currently don't take advantage of x/y switching or scenes, but I could see them taking on more prominence with the MFC.

Anyways, any advice or heads-up before I get going with it tomorrow are much appreciated!

Ok...first two follow-up questions..after spending some time with the manual and the MFC in front of me. There are 2 functions from my Ground Contol that I'm married to...I've figured out how to go through banks but not activate a preset until a button is pressed--is there a way for this to scroll names in the bank instead of just showing the preset range in the bank?

Second, is there a way to configure it so that in a preset, you can add fx in and out, and then return to the "base" IA states with a press of the preset switch?

For example, I have a high gain rhythm preset which is dry. I have song parts where I might add in a pitch shifter or delay or phaser (or multiples) but then I want to be able to hit the preset to bring back my original dry state. Advice?

I'll try to help since I'm a new mfc user (and doing fine I think).

But I may have understood wrong your first question :D
If you set bank size to zero, each tap will cycle to your next preset, but I'm not sure you can have the "confirmation" tap to activate it, it may activate directly.
I personnaly do that and have the 1-8 buttons to choose the scene I want.

For your second question, activate on the axefx "revert scene" and when you press the switch again it will be returned to base status.

Because I use scenes as much as I can, I may not help much here, all I can say is that it works :D

Cheers

"Revert Scene" did the trick...many thanks!

As for my other question, I'm just wondering if you can have the controller scroll through the presets in a bank before you select the preset. So when I click up or down a bank, I'd like it to scroll through the names of that bank's presets instead of showing "Bank04: 15-19"

I found this really helpful on my GC Pro and am hoping to get the MFC to do it as well...

With a bank size of 0 you'll get the name of each preset on each click, but it will select it.
I don't know if you can add a confirmation step.

Back
Top Bottom