MFC Global Preset

kenny_13

Hey all,

I've been working on something with no success so I thought I would put it out to all of you.

My goal is to have my first 5 IA switches controlling my patches and the rest controlling effects (Quite a standard setup).

However, I am trying to find a way to set IA Switch 17 as a "global preset". What I mean by this is, regardless of which patch I am in, or which song I am in, when I press IA 17 it will go to my lead tone. I used to have a g system where I could do this but so far I have had no luck setting this up with my MFC and Axe Fx II.

Any thoughts?

Doesn't the MFC already have a Global preset function that you can access by pressing the preset button again (if you choose to set it up like that, which I haven't)? Seems like using that would save you a button.
-
Austin

+1

The MFC has a Global Preset feature, which can be applied to all presets switches or an individual one,

Another method: configure a general use switch (set it to None). Now configure it to send the Lead tone's Program Change number.

Another method: configure a general use switch (set it to None). Now configure it to send the Lead tone's Program Change number.

This is what I have been trying to do but I'm not sure how to send the Lead tone's program change number. How do I find this?

Also, is there anyway that I can set it up so that when I turn the switch off it returns to my previous patch?

Also, is there anyway that I can set it up so that when I turn the switch off it returns to my previous patch?

That's called Backtracking. The MFC can do this with a preset switch, but not with an IA switch, so it's not gonna work with the trick in the post above.

Back
Top Bottom