MFC for controlling 3 RJM Mini Effect Gizmos (15 Pedals) + a Few Axe Functions

imrecs

Inspired
I am using 3 RJM mini effect gizmos to run 15 pedals in front of an Axe FX. I want the ability to turn them all on and off via a midi controller, as well as create about 5 presets per song that has various combinations of RJM loops/effects pedals.

I don't need much control over the Axe as I mainly use it as I would an amp, and set and forget it. Probably only need 4 switches for 2 delay blocks and 2 reverb blocks, as well as looper function for direct Axe FX Control.

Will the MFC-101 be the right choice for a midi controller?

The RJM Mastermind GT16 is twice the price and LED screens aren't a deal maker for me. I'm sure the Mastermind can do a whole lot more in terms of extra pages of programming for various other functions (which I may want in the future), though for now I just need something that can basically act as a midi controller for the 3 MEGs, 4 effects blocks, looper, and presets.

This setup seems to be within the MFC's control abilities.

Each MFC preset could select any combination of presets on the 4 devices. Mapping PCs to specific scenes on the Axe is an option too, if you're more likely to want several scenes of one preset than 5 different presets.

IAs could be configured to switch the 15 MEG loops, with correct states (set/stored manually on MFC in advance) when a preset is selected.

With reveal to access 17 IAs total, this leaves 2 IAs for Axe functions. You could add up to 4 switches via MFC XS ports (and 4 more via XP ports actually) plus 1 (or 2 for XL) to Axe-FX.

Sounds perfect. Any links to external foot switches I should look into to get 4 more switches if needed? Something that has LEDs and can function just like the other IA switches.

Back
Top Bottom