Bug? MFC $$$$$$$$$ error

EarlWellington

Since upgrading to FW18 I've started getting intermittent errors on startup where the MFC will display $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. If I switch patches it will remain but the rest of the lights above the switches will change to whatever settings the current patch has. It has happened about 4 times now and after a few minutes will go away when I change patch or click a switch

Does the MFC spit out dollar bills now? Then FW18 has transformed the MFC into a cash machine.

Okay, sorry.
Check I/O > MIDI on the Axe-Fx and verify the MFC settings.
If that doesn't help, reset the MFC by holding switch 11 while cycling its power.
If that doesn't help, change the cable.

Does the MFC spit out dollar bills now? Then FW18 has transformed the MFC into a cash machine.

Okay, sorry.
Check I/O > MIDI on the Axe-Fx and verify the MFC settings.
If that doesn't help, reset the MFC by holding switch 11 while cycling its power.
If that doesn't help, change the cable.

Ok, So I checked the settings, reset everything as you said, changed the cable, and then updated the FW via midi cable and the problem is still happening... it's very intermittent and when it does happen if I wait 2-5 minutes and then change preset the display will then display the correct preset name rather than just $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is your MFC set to the correct Axe-Fx model (Edit > Setup) and correct port (Edit > MIDI)?
Are the MFC settings on the Axe-Fx (I/O > MIDI) set correctly?

Try turning off TotalSync (Edit > MIDI) on the MFC and check if the problem persists.

Is your MFC set to the correct Axe-Fx model (Edit > Setup) and correct port (Edit > MIDI)?
Are the MFC settings on the Axe-Fx (I/O > MIDI) set correctly?

Try turning off TotalSync (Edit > MIDI) on the MFC and check if the problem persists.

It's set to Axe FX 2 on the MFC (I have the Axe Fx 2 Mark II) and it's set to expansion port

Total sync is now off and it still is happening

Time to call Support.

For info... sent it back to Fractal and the techs said it could be an issue with the bootloader or a loose connector.

They re-flashed the boot loader and reinstalled the latest firmware and apparently it fixed the problem... Waiting for it to be sent back to me now

Back
Top Bottom