MFC Emergency.

gunforhire

Hi, Im on the road with a band using 2 Axefx XL's and 2 MFC's. I have my personal Axefx 2 as our spare but it doesnt have the FASLINK out so i have the Ethernet cable and the XA1 connector to XLR for the pedal but when I plug it in it wont power up the MFC?? any help would be appreciated. I have to find a reason by tomorrows show hahaha.. just incase.

try the Ethernet cable and xa1 and fas link with the other axe fx to determine if it is the axe fx. try new cables. I have had trouble with xlr cables that will work for a mic but not power my mfc.

we tried the XA-1 yestersay with a ethernet cable from the A&H ME-1 headphone mixers and an XLR mic cable from audio dept. and still no lights on MFC. tonight just tried an ethernet cable and from Axefx 2- MFCIII and no lights or power. kinda anooying. the manual says the etherenet should power it but somethings not wrking right. :(

tonight just tried an ethernet cable and from Axefx 2- MFCIII and no lights or power.

This suggests the ethernet port on your Axe-Fx II isn't functioning but to determine if this is truly the case try powering the MFC from another unit where you know the ethernet connection is working. If it power up: problem is with the Axe-Fx II. If it doesn't power up, check that the MFC power up when using the wall wart. If it does, the problem is likely with the connector on the MFC; if it doesn't the problem is likely with the power board in the MFC.

Any way, it's just going to help you determine which unit needs to go back to Fractal when you contact customer support: Fractal Audio - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Yes .... it's starting to sound like it could be the 'MFC' port on your AxeFXII MK1 is the culprit. It has maybe been fried at some stage by accidently attempting to put a USB cable into it when reaching round the back without looking.

7 pin MIDI with MFC power supply plugged in at the back of the AxeFX or 5 pin MIDI with MFC power adaptor into the MFC are your only options left in that case until the ethernet port has been repaired.

Hi, Im on the road with a band using 2 Axefx XL's and 2 MFC's. I have my personal Axefx 2 as our spare but it doesnt have the FASLINK out so i have the Ethernet cable and the XA1 connector to XLR for the pedal but when I plug it in it wont power up the MFC?? any help would be appreciated. I have to find a reason by tomorrows show hahaha.. just incase.

The same thing happened to my AxeFX-II MK1, and I didn't plug a USB cable into my MFC port on the AXEFX-II. The 7-pin MIDI cable with power supply approach works well, though. There is a "bypass" fix for this, if you're good with a soldering iron. Without a definitive cause for the original burnout of the circuit, I'm concerned that the bypass approach will result in more damage if the original surge occurs again.

Attachments

• AxeFX-BurnedInductors.jpg
    AxeFX-BurnedInductors.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom