MFC connection preference

Pooskie

I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best way of connecting the mfc to the axe-fx xl II. I'm using the fastlink method but have lost connection a few times in a live setting and had to turn it off and back on. Starting a pretty big arena tour this week where our rigs will be off stage and will be using 100' cable to pedalboard so I want to make this bulletproof. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Given the choice, no doubt: FASLink. Carries power and data through a regular mic cable. Secure connections, robust cable, easily replaceable, long distance, flexible cable.

100' cable?? *whistle* Damm, now I really feel insignificant because I stand right next to my Axe-Fx with my FASLink coiled up on the ground next to me! :D

Maybe your cable has/had a bit of a loose connection in it which caused your lost connection? Did you try it with different cables back then?

That's what I thought as well. I was using 2 25' xlr's hooked together and maybe that was the problem. I just picked up a heavy duty 100' so we'll see how it works out. thanks

I've been having issues with mine via Ethercon and doing some searching I stumbled upon a post from one of the Admins saying that all the pros use 5 or 7 pin MIDI?

Back
Top Bottom