1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

MFC Bulb/Light

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by brianoc, Mar 16, 2018.

1. brianoc

brianoc
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Anyone ever have one of the lights on one of the switches go out and know how to replace it?

2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

It's an LED. I don't think they "go out"... If one isn't working, it's probably broken or else the circuit it's part of is.

Do you have one that isn't working?

There is an issue a few people have had (including me) where it fails to turn on, but it's not a problem with the LED.

Try changing your bank size, save the setting then change it back and see if that fixes it for you.

3. brianoc

brianoc
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I'm pretty sure it must have gotten wet or something spilled on it because it looks rusty. All the other ones work and don't look rusty. It's the Multi-Delay in the picture.

Attached Files:

4. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

It's possible.

I would open a support case with Fractal. They can advise you... There is probably a "test mode" on the MFC-101 to force it to light all the LEDs.

@bwanagary may know the answer on that one?

If it needs to be repaired, any qualified electronics tech can replace an LED. If there is circuit board damage, that might be more challenging.

5. brianoc

brianoc
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

okay thank you. In the "test mode" (i.e. when the system first starts up), it's the only light that doesn't fire up. The switch still works, so it's just the light doesn't work. I'll look into getting it repaired. Thanks all!

unix-guy likes this.