MFC-101 Tap Tempo pulse coming through Ultra to FOH

guitarmic67

As the title says - MFC-101 connected to AXE FX ULTRA via 5 pin MIDI cable, and sometimes I am getting the TAP TEMPO pulse through the ULTRA and out to the front of house.

Last time it happened, I checked to make sure that the midi cable was seperated away form any other cabling to prevent interference/induction, but it was still happening.

Any thoughts/tips to prevent this?

Strange, I was having a similar issue, but I'm actually using the MFC-101 with my Rocktron VV while waiting for the Axe II. I set everything up, turned on my power amp and heard the tap tempo coming thru. This was the first time using the MFC with the Voodu Valve so I still needed to take the MFC out of Axe Mode and once I did the 'beating' stopped coming thru the speakers. Not exactly sure what caused it for you but obviously for me it was just a matter of checking what state or mode the MFC was in.I'd be curiuos to see what was causing this in your situation though since you are using it in Axe mode with your Ultra I'm sure, right?

Last edited:
I thought I saw another post earlier with a similar issue, but it seems to have disappeared.....and not many seem to have had an issue it seems.

Yes I am using AXE mode - I will try changing modes to see if that makes any difference. I have two different 5 pin midi cables, and I didn't get a chance to change them over, as we were just about to go on to play when it happened ( it also happened to be the first time I gave my Ultra to our other guitarist to try out - due to the size of the hall I decided to play acoustic, and let him give it a run and it was all good until we were tuning up ready to go )

It has happened to me once or twice before when I have had the midi cable all coiled up - I normally unplug, run the cable out a little and it doesn't come back.

This time I powered everything down, unplugged and reconnected - it quietened it down a little, but you could still hear it faintly when we were quiet.

I had this just the other day. I moved the MFC away from the QSC(it was on the floor next to it-at home this week) and the noise went away. 3 hours of playing last night and not a blip. In my case-seems to be proximity issue.

Back
Top Bottom