Bug? MFC-101 Original Unable to access the setup menu

slimeelman

Hey, never had this problem before trying to install the latest firmware update to the MFC 101, I had installed the previous firmware update to this one and everything worked fine. After I have the FW Update Complete message I hit the edit button and then the setup button but the lights for the page buttons don't illuminate and aren't functioning. So I can't flick through the different menu pages to check the if the fimware has been successfully installed or do things like turn the looper function on. The pedal itself still functions normally when changing presets.

I definitely did not try to install the wrong version of the firmware for the MFC 101, I made sure to click on the one that said "MFC-101 MK1 & MK2 Firmware Version 3.00".

I'm currently using the M-Audio Uno as my MIDI device while following along with the advice of Bernd Kiltz in the youtube video.

I tried restoring the MFC 101 and then installing the firmware update a few times and still no luck, please help.

Try power cycling the MFC then try again... If setup comes up you can confirm which version on by going left one I believe.

The problem I'm having man is that I can't get the page buttons of the edit/setup menu to illuminate/work in order for me to view which version of the firmware I'm on.

Cycling the power of the MFC hasn't worked for me. The only options I have once I enter the edit/setup menu is to exit or change which Axe Fx I would like to use the pedal with.

Thanks for the reply though.

Try holding down #11 and power it up that will reset the MFC. If that doesn't work try sending the firmware again.

Wow... Possible you have a stuck switch? Stomp on each of them about 10 times that should clean them if so. Do you have the same issue if you don't have midi or cat5 plugged in? If that is the case would be worth opening a support ticket.

Whats a support ticket?

I'm gonna try updating the firmware with my friends laptop because my one is garbage. It worked the last time I had issues updating my Axe Fx 2 firmware.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved using a better computer.

On the main fractalaudio.com webpage click on support ( same area you download firmware from ) then on upper right hand side of page are instructions for creating a ticket or emailing support. Sorry not much more help!

Back
Top Bottom