MFC 101 Not Powering On - Please Help!

dweiskopf

Inspired
Hi:

I have an AFII and MFC101 (modded professionally to add EtherCON jack). Has been working well for a couple of year with regular practices and gigs. We played our last gig ~4 months ago and took some time to recharge. First rehearsal back, everything exactly as ran it at last gig and working, except no power to MFC over Cat5. Changed cables, tried direct instead of patch panel. Nothing. Ideas? Help? I seem to remember some setting to switch if you want to power via 7pin on the AF, but can’t remember what that is (or frankly how it could have gotten changed). Other ideas? Very bummed and don’t know what to do (and this is not the ‘usb into the Ethernet frying problem / been there, done that, not this time)...,

There is no setting to change to power the MFC via 7 pin midi.

Does the MFC power up with the adaptor plugged in? (Only the adaptor, never do that and Ethernet I’m sure you know.)

If the MFC powers up with its own adaptor, then the issue is something with the Ethernet jack or cable at some point.

I power the MFC 101 either with the Ethernet cable, or have in the past with the Midi + the phantom on the back of the AxeFX plugged in (I have not taken that plug out of my rack and plugged it into the MFC directly (its wired into the rack so not easy to do). Right now, there is no power with the Ethernet - tried different cables. Nothing has changed since the last use. So, I'm very confused. What can I do (and I did think that there was something on the MFC as to which power you were using - but even so, that wouldn't matter, as there is no power on the MFC)......please help! :). It's now not useful to use the AF without the MFC! :(

Again, there is no setting that changes what powers the MFC. Only what data stream to “listen to.”

I’ve already told you what to do. Check if the MFC powers up with the adaptor directly, or if you have the adaptor in the Axe phantom jack, run a 7-pin midi cable (and NO Ethernet cable, never run 2 sources of power at the same time).

If it powers up with any method other than Ethernet, then something is wrong at some point in the Ethernet connection.

I would skip the midi cable altogether. Plug the power adapter directly into the MFC and see if it powers on. One less variable.

If not, open a support case... They might be able to help you, even though your warranty is obviously void from the mod.

I would guess maybe something in the mod broke if the MFC does power up with the adapter.

Back
Top Bottom