MFC 101 NAMM or bust

bstaley

Inspired
Well, I've been on the waiting list for a year and a half. I keep thinking it is just around the corner and I had almost given up hope until the last videos came out. If it's not released at NAMM (or at least has a release date I can live with) I'm moving on to something else. I mean, I am thrilled with my Axe-FX, but do we really need to tweak the power amp sims another 5 times when there are dozens or possibly hundreds of us waiting for the MFC-101?

I'd really hate to see that improvements to the Axe were impacted by development of other products. I'm hoping that Fractal can keep pace on multiple fronts. Currently, the Axe is golden in that it's soo much better than anything else out there. Although I hope that their other products could attain the same level of success and innovation, it might be that the Axe is the "once in a company's lifetime" out of the park home run. Since one of the keys to the success of the Axe is continuous improvement, Fractal would be wise to keep a strong focus there.

I hadn't seen these videos either...GREAT....now I want one even more. It is the ONLY pedal out there with those features, screen interface and "medium" size...and I can't buy it. I would pay a large amount of money to buy this unit.

wezx said:
I would pay a large amount of money to buy this unit.

Dude!! Keep that to yourself! I want this thing, but don't want to pay $1,000 for it!!! :D

Seriously, there's been a ton of speculation as to why such a delay and why the silent treatment from Fractal. The one thing I can't figure out is what harm it would do to just make some kind of official statement updating us on the status. ...like..."We hit a few bumps with manufacturing issues and are hoping to have them resolved within a couple months" ...or "As most of you know, the credit market isn't exactly bursting with willing lenders and we're working to secure enough credit to produce a large amount in the first batch so everyone on the waiting list will get one."
I'm just babbling, but I think it would be good business to throw a bone out to the possible future customers.

my two cents

My purchase of an AxeFX Ultra is pending upon the availability of the MFC101.
I'm sure there're more people like me who're waiting for Fractal's midi-gem to come out before purchasing an actual Axe unit.

But, yeah, seriously. If they're putting people on a waiting list that's been growing for 2 years, you think they'd at least put out a statement giving us a release status of some kind.

If you guys want a "Happy Ending," then the thread title should read "MFC 101 NAMM or bust a nut"... :D

It is ridiculous....I have posted several remarks on how crazy it is that the pedal isn't done or at least info can be given.....pisses me off. I don't get it....WTF??? When is something going to be done? I don't even come on this site anymore because it is a given that nothing has changed.

My thought is he is busy revamping the Axe FX and is waiting to release it all at once...but who knows?????????????

Tremonti said:
It is ridiculous....I have posted several remarks on how crazy it is that the pedal isn't done or at least info can be given.....pisses me off. I don't get it....WTF??? When is something going to be done? I don't even come on this site anymore because it is a given that nothing has changed.
Great candidate for a "happy ending"... ;)

LOL

I erroneously had thought that there had been no update in a long time...I was wrong. There were new photos in October. I mean, chill the flip out...if they don't ever release it...that's their prerogative. They have released updates as to the progress and that's all you can ask for with a new product. They could close the damn company if they wanted to for crying out loud!!!...who ya gonna bitch to then??!!

*patiently waiting to get flamed for this post

wezx said:
LOL

I erroneously had thought that there had been no update in a long time...I was wrong. There were new photos in October. I mean, chill the flip out...if they don't ever release it...that's their prerogative. They have released updates as to the progress and that's all you can ask for with a new product. They could close the damn company if they wanted to for crying out loud!!!...who ya gonna bitch to then??!!

*patiently waiting to get flamed for this post

I'm with you. Demanding something from a small company like Fractal the way folks talk and post about this foot controller... well, if I was Cliff, I'd hold it back to spite them. :twisted: ;) :D

Folks get so demanding... look at the Editor, they went from nothing - literally nothing - to a beta inside 2-3 months and folks were freaking out how bad it was. IMHO, they released an Alpha version and mistakenly called it beta in order to chill out the masses... but that only made it worse. The current (as of January 2010 v0.9 beta is really a pleasure to use even in beta state).

Let them develop this product, and deliver it fully functioning and not in a beta state right out of the box.

IMHO, once this drops all the nay-sayers will be raving about how great it is and within a few weeks no one will ever remember the wait. Does anyone still harbor any resentment over the long wait list for the Ultra or Standard early on? I waited 4 months for my Standard... I was impatient, yes... but never so belligerent as to DEMAND the thing.

No flame from me; on this topic, IMHO you are right on the mark.

I have not used the new beta yet, but I installed it and it really looks great...top notch. I was never complaining because they hadn't released the MFC, just that there was (I mistakenly thought) no update in 2 years. I'm fairly new here and I was just flat out wrong as someone posted the pics from the October update. I'm fine with it. They are letting users know that it's still being worked on and that's good enough for me. I need the size (about 16"), the button layout (6 in a row), and the fabulous LARGE readout (and tuner integration). I will wait to purchase anything else (except for maybe a small midi controller - Rolls Midi Buddy perhaps) until it is released. There is no other controller currently on the market that has the features and layout I need. I also like the idea of the controller and unit being made by the same company. When a company puts out a quality product the caliber of the Axe-FX, it is well worth waiting for other releases by that company. I have endorsement deals with several manufacturers and have been approached by others, but I have a strict policy of only endorsing products I really use and believe in...I have a lot of loyalty for companies that strive for excellence. I believe Fractal is one of those companies and I will wait for the MFC101.

...I just hope it's soon! ;)

Scott Peterson said:
I'm with you. Demanding something from a small company like Fractal the way folks talk and post about this foot controller... well, if I was Cliff, I'd hold it back to spite them. :twisted: ;) :D

I would probably just accidentally omit the ones' names from the waiting list who were hostile and/or demanding in their posts and just let them wait for the next batch when it came out. :)

I've been waiting faithfully and haven't demanded anything, but I DO have a hard time wrapping my head around why someone doesn't just release some kind of statement briefly saying what's up and realistically how long it might be. Maybe they haven't BECAUSE of the many posts from people who seem to literally be outraged by the delay. It's a control pedal for a guitar modeller/processor. ...not exactly a cure for cancer. ...well, on second thought maybe that will come in version 10.0. ;)

Back
Top Bottom