MFC-101 MKIII randomly not controlling Axe-Fx II - Firmware 14.02

Spoons

Inspired
My MFC-101 Mk III is randomly not controlling the Axe-Fx II properly. I'm using the Axe-Fx mode, pretty much right out of the box with all the possible external switches and pedals. What happens is I press a switch to turn on an effect, the light does not go on and the effect does not engage. It has done this on multiple channels, quite irritating!!! Prior to installing this Firmware this past weekend, I only had this problem on one channel that was using 96% CPU, when I removed a block and got down to 92% it worked fine.

EDIT: Also noticed when using tap tempo that I get some strange noises from the unit that weren't there before. There has always been that momentary "dead spot" but it's never made weird noises in place of those dead spots?

I was going to put this on stage next weekend for the first time and now this?

Any ideas???

P.S. Yes; the MFC-101 was 100% disconnected from the Axe-Fx while installing the update and the MFC-101 is running the current Firmware.

Photo1_600.JPG

http://swww.srwspoon.com/image/Photo1.JPG

EDIT: Added photo

Last edited:
I just now noticed that the current MFC-101 Firmware is 3.03, I'm on 3.02 Even though the notes for the update only says "This version brings full compatibility with Axe-Fx II XL" I'll load that this evening and see if that takes care of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom