MFC 101 Mk3 Manual

vinnyburns

Experienced
Hi. My MFC101 Mk3 arrived yesterday but there is no operating manual in the box just a quick start guide and info about Matrix power amp stuff.
I know I can download one but sitting with a laptop is not as easy as sitting with a manual in one hand. I know earlier versions came with a manual, just wondering if this is normal for the Mk3?
Still waiting to hear from G66.

My MFC is still on the way, but when I received my Axe FX II last month I had the same question. I asked customer service and they responded that the manual is now electronic. I had also seen the old unboxing videos with people receiving paper manuals (and a box of chocolates...).

At any rate, I would expect that the manual for the MFC is also electronic-only.

My MFC is still on the way, but when I received my Axe FX II last month I had the same question. I asked customer service and they responded that the manual is now electronic. I had also seen the old unboxing videos with people receiving paper manuals (and a box of chocolates...).

At any rate, I would expect that the manual for the MFC is also electronic-only.

That's pretty bad then. I have had to download the pdf version to get things up and running. Should not have to drag my Macbook Pro on the road with me just to read a manual. The MFC is not exactly plug and play :)
For the fly gigs that I bought this Axe2 and the MFC for, this is really inconvenient as baggage is really tight and the last thing I want is to be taking a laptop just to trouble shoot any problems.

That's pretty bad then. I have had to download the pdf version to get things up and running. Should not have to drag my Macbook Pro on the road with me just to read a manual. The MFC is not exactly plug and play :)
For the fly gigs that I bought this Axe2 and the MFC for, this is really inconvenient as baggage is really tight and the last thing I want is to be taking a laptop just to trouble shoot any problems.

You could always print it out. It's a relatively small manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Reactions: Ole

Kind of defeats whatever 'green' excuse must be behind not including one in the first place :)

Kind of defeats whatever 'green' excuse must be behind not including one in the first place :)

I'm just saying, if you really need a hard copy and don't want to drag the Mac book on the road. Just print it.
If it was a "green" reason for them not offering it, this is the exact reason. There's only a hard copy being printed by those who REALLY need it. Still saving a lot of trees in the long run. You're not being forced to use the MacBook.

Do you have a smart phone that can display PDFs?

Yes, was just thinking about loading all pdf's on my iPad. iPhone screen is far too small for this. Getting old now and the eyesight is not what it used to be.
My Bradshaw RS10 and even older RSB18F were pretty self explanatory to use but even then, they still needed a quick browse through the manual every now and then for certain things. The manuals always came on tour for this very reason.
The old versions of MFC shipped with a manual. Really can't see why this version should be any different.
I spend all day in my studio control room staring at a computer screen. It's really nice when I get new gear to just sit in my live room and work through it with a manual without having to stare at yet another screen.
Not even a green solution if you need to keep turning on electronic device to view any info.
Thankfully my Axe 2 came with a manual. Can even read it in the bath :) Can't do that with my iPad haha.

I prefer a paper manual, too. But, I don't mind printing one out.

Problem with formal bound/printed manuals is they go out of revision so quickly. At least if it's in some sort of file form, they can be updated constantly to reflect the current reality. Then you can print one of those if you must. Plus, the vast majority of manuals end up on shelves collecting dust for XX years until you finally work up the nerve to toss 'em.

I remember working for an IT department of a large company years ago that had a huge storage room with nothing but a zillion copies of the manuals that came with every seat's license. 4,200 copies of Word, Excel, VB, Windows, etc. manuals, all just eating space until the day they'd become part of a landfill. Now, very few companies print formal manuals. They leave it to the aftermarket to write books for those who want details.

Reactions: Ole
The Axe FXII is the greatest invention and the team have been constantly pushing to improve and evolve the products which they should rightly be applauded for! However, the manuals are disappointing. I know that the products are developing so quickly that paper manuals are kind of a waste of time, but I am surprised that the electronic manuals are so out of date. I am a good musician but kind of useless at programming and technical stuff and rely upon up to date manuals to help me.The last electronic Axe FXII manual is almost 18 months old and the MFC-101 two years old!!!! Come on Fractal.. Some official video tutorials would be useful too. I use finale 2014 and it comes with a continuously update online manual plus video tutorials and lessons. I have found it useful and it has allowed me to make full use of the product.

I received my MFC-101 Mk III about a week ago. It does not come with a printed manual but does include the quick start guide. Other than the soft-touch switches and FASLiNK connector, it appears to be identical in operation to the Mk II.

Back
Top Bottom