MFC-101 + midimate?

Funeral

Fractal Fanatic
Okay, here is what I want to do. I want to be able to use my MFC-101 in Axe-fx mode, and be able to send the Loop block CC#'s from my Rocktron midi mate.
I've figured out how to get PC changes to occur from the midi mate into the MFC-101, but I can not pass CC messages through. Does anyone know if this is possible?
The midimate works fine if I go straight into the axe. I feel close.

Okay, I will bump the previous question with another about the MFC-101 and external controllers.
I use the MFC in Axe-fx mode and all my IA's are defaults (they just work for me). Now lets say
I assign a modifier to turn on drive and delay, but puts the compressor into bypass, why can I
not use the MFC IA switches for these particular effects when a modifier is attached to bypass?
Just a red or green light looking at me. Is it user error, or is there a way around this? This kinda
defeats the purpose of my patch. Im using 2 switches connected to the MFC assigned to EXT1-4.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MFC doesn't do MIDI thru. You'd have to use something to merge MFC & MM output or try another approach like MM for preset changes, 17 IAs on the MFC.

Bypass modifiers prevent I/O: CTRL Bypass CCs from doing anything. With external switches there's not much that can be done. With onboard IAs there's one way to work around it, setting the mass-toggle switch to have multiple commands (I/O Bypass items) instead of using an Ext Ctrl for bypass modifiers.

MFC doesn't do MIDI thru. You'd have to use something to merge MFC & MM output or try another approach like MM for preset changes, 17 IAs on the MFC.
So would you need to connect the MFC with MIDI too in that case?
Otherwise, why not connect the extra FC to the Axe's MIDI IN (and leave the MFC on Cat 5)? Maybe that's impossible too? (not sure if you have to select the kind of connection in the Axe)
So if only one is possible, I'd guess both would have to use MIDI and you could buy a regular MIDI merger box...

I have an extra All Access, so that kinda sucks :)

Im not using a CAT5. I prefer the midi cable. Sounds like it could work though. Now if I only had an extra cat5. :lol

Back
Top Bottom