MFC-101 MIDI Clock issue

::fred::

Client reports on our forum:

When connected to the computer AXE FX reads MIDI Clock from Cubase correctly (even tempo changes). But when a MIDI cable is connected to MIDI-in on the MFC, and MIDI-out on the MFC is connected to the MIDI-in on the AXE, the AXE doesn't read the MIDI Clock. Though it does react to program changes from Cubase. There are also lags when the MFC is connected to the computer via MIDI-in of the MFC.

Interface is M-Audio MIDIMAN.

Any thoughts on this, guys?

i'm having this same problem. if i run midi from ableton to the axe, then i can get the clock sync'd. and that alone has required a few hoops:

we have a midi clip in ableton with quarter notes set to cc #14, (the tap tempo in the axe), so that i can keep the tremolo effect sync'd along with the click track. we've tried a number of other things, but nothing has been consistent.

anyway, this works if i keep the tremolo's lfo on sync. however, if i run the computer into the midi in of the mfc, and the mfc out into the axe, then it doesn't read the clock.

is there a way around this?

thanks!

adam

Cool trick, Adam.

Try sending the cc14 value=127 on beat 1, cc14 value=0 on beat 2, cc14 value=127 on beat three, etc. Each beat the Axe receives one cc #14 message.

To get DAWs and MFC working together, there are programs that can merge and route midi. I'm using Midi Patchbay on the Mac. On the PC side I have used MIDI-OX and Yoke.

thanks scrutinizer,

your first suggestions is what we've been doing, which mostly works, but then we ran into the problem of the mfc not having a thru.

gonna look into the merge, though i'm bringing my axe II (been using the ultra) into rehearsal, so i can use the usb into computer, and the mfc into the axe.

i wish it would just read and follow midi clock, while also starting the lfo ever time. i've tried so many things to make this work, but nothing is super-consistant.

anyway, thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom