MFC-101 into... 2U drawer? 3U drawer? Info needed

psst

Inspired
I need to upgrade my rack to include a new element I'm using now, and I would like to know in advance what drawer I will need for the upcoming Fractal Floor Controller, so I have my system ready for the MCF-101 and I don't have to upgrade my rack again later.
Does it fit in a 2U drawer? or 3U drawer?

Thanks.

(sorry if that info has been published before, I didn't find it)

I don't think anyone really knows at this point but I can assure you that a 2u rack probably won't cut it. The GC Pro would probably fit into a 3u rack. The All Access Footcontroller which seems to have the closest proposed foot print to the MFC is 3.5" high so would need at least a 4u.

mitch236 said:
I don't think anyone really knows at this point but I can assure you that a 2u rack probably won't cut it. The GC Pro would probably fit into a 3u rack. The All Access Footcontroller which seems to have the closest proposed foot print to the MFC is 3.5" high so would need at least a 4u.

A single rack unit = 1 3/4" tall...........so a controller that is 3.5" high certainly would not need a 4U drawer........although it may not quite fit in a 2u once you take the top and bottom of the drawer itself into account, but it would most certainly fit into a 3u drawer.

As for the Fractal controller...........can't help you there.

p

mitch236 said:

3,5" is exactly 2U so the All Access will probably not fit into a 2U drawer because the drawer itself needs some space too... should easily fit in a 3U though.

We don't know yet what the exact size of the MFC101 will be but I'm sure hoping it'll fit into 2U too and although Im not saying it definately will I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation, especially since the display will be flush with the controller surface, not standing up like on the Rocktron.

S.R.

On skb style racks, there's a couple inches between the rack rails and the lid itself. If you created space at the bottom of your rack, put the footswitch there, and let the tallest part stick out, I bet you could shave off a rack space, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom