MFC 101 IA for bypassing Amp Block

56panhead

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I did a search, but did not find any detailed answer....

I would like to set up an IA that will bypass the amp block. With this, I can use the DI output of my amp (via a buffer) instead of guitar. Actually, my plan is to set up an A/B switch so I can switch between Guitar->Amp->AX and Guitar->Axe. Obviously, I don't want the Amp block engaged when I'm using the DI as input.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
steve

If you're running the MFC in Axe-Fx mode, just assign an IA to the Axe-Fx function "AMP 1".

Tried that. No affect on the amp block. I have it set up in Axe-Fx Mode, and it currently selects scenes (IA 1-5) and effects (IA 9-15). I put Amp 1 in IA 8, but when I toggle the switch, it does not go to bypass.

Am I missing something?

steve

Tried that. No affect on the amp block. I have it set up in Axe-Fx Mode, and it currently selects scenes (IA 1-5) and effects (IA 9-15). I put Amp 1 in IA 8, but when I toggle the switch, it does not go to bypass.

Am I missing something?

steve
Any chance that you use the Amp2 block of the Axe?

It's definitely Amp 1 in the preset, and Amp 1 in the switch for IA08.

The light for IA08 is green, even when I toggle it.......

Make sure the CC# assigned to the Amp 1 block is set to the default of CC#37 in the I/O menu CTRL page on the Axe II. The MFC will not be able to control blocks correctly if their CC# assignments in the Axe II have been changed from their defaults. There's a table in the Owners manual that shows all the factory default CC#'s.

Capture2.JPG

Okay, this is weird.....

Instead of using IA08, I used IA11. Set is to Amp 1, and it works perfectly. IA08 was still set at Amp 1, and it DOESN'T work.

What the heck?

Perhaps you assigned it to Amp 1 X/Y, instead of Amp 1?

Double checked. Both IA11 and IA08 are set to "Amp 1" yet only IA11 works. Just for giggles, I changed IA11 to Amp 2 to ensure that it wasn't conflicting with IA08, and IA08 still doesn't work.

Maybe there is something else in the mfc IA08 switch settings that is interfering, sending on on cc# or something.

I had a problem a couple years ago where one particular switch would not work.

The solution was to go into the MFC and change the bank size, then save the settings. Then go back into the MFC and set the bank size back.

In my case, I changed it from 5 to 6 then back to 5.

Back
Top Bottom