MFC 101 Firmware Upgrading Tip For Mac Users!!!!!!!!!!

npdcoremetal

Inspired
Ok all you guys out there, I just got around to updating my MFC-101 a few days ago and I was getting sorta frustrated :eek:ops :? :-x trying to do so with SysEx Librarian. I know I had this issue once before, however it has been so long I forgot what I did to make it work. I kept getting 0% while it transmited then when i turned it back on an "ERROR 16". When I downgraded from 2.15 to 2.11 It shwowed 0% loaded, however it worked. :| :roll

I am sure most of you all know this, but i thought I would post this just in case it had been a while and either you forgot how to get it to take new firmware or maybe you never had to try it without Axe-Edit or never upgraded firmware at all. :p

Load your SysEx app and make sure all the other SysEx messages you sent before are gone. So delete any old syx files in your viewning window. Then go to SysEx-Prefrences-Transmit Speed-(It does not matter if you do this via AXE-FX, DAW INTERFACE, MIDI UNO ETC. ETC.) Turn your transmit speed down from 100% and start at 50%. It may not upgrade at first cause 50% may be too slow, but start slow then work up 10% at a time till you get it right and leave it. Mine did fine at 80% yours may not. Make sure if your doing this via Axe-Fx to go to I/O menu MIDI-MIDI REAL TIME SYSEX-NONE then USB ADAPTER MODE to ON. Then go to UTILITY-PRESET MENU TO SEND. THEN GO TO THE REAR OF YOUR UNIT AND TAKE A 5 PIN MIDI DIN CABLE FROM AXE II MIDI OUT/THRU TO MFC-101 MIDI IN. Then Make sure THE MFC-101 Is SET To MIDI NOT EXPANSION. Then back to SysEX Librarian put your firmware upgrade file in the window and set your out put to axe fx or midi uno whatever your using then sit back drink a Mountian Dew and there you go.
8) :p ;)

Hmm I've never had to change any settings on SysEx Librarian. But good tip! I have a video showing how to do this too if anyone is interested, link in my sig.

Back
Top Bottom