MFC 101 , Expression Pedals calibration Issue

valerj79

Inspired
Hello today i started using my MFC Pedalboard for the first time , it has arrived few days ago . But as i started doing it i got in troubles while i was calibrating the expression pedal in the 3rd jack position . I followed all instructions , but when i had to set the minus field value , it jetted on 126 value , while the max is on 127 , i can't seem to sort the problem out . I tried to decrease it to zero , but nothing , i tried to use the decrease button but it still remains on 126 . I can't understand where i'm wrong . I would be grateful if you could help me step by step.
Cheers .

what type of expression pedal do you use?

does the pedal have a MINIMUM VALUE knob? if so, turn that all the way down so it will output a 0 at its lowest setting.

here's a video i made showing how to setup and calibrate expression pedals:

MFC-101 & Axe-FX II – Setting up Expression Pedals | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

Well I am using the Mission Engineering EP-1 , i had already watched that video , it's very good and simple to understand , but there is nothing about the problem i am experiencing . Anyway i didn't notice value knobs on this pedal , help me please .
best greetings .

the Decrease button doesn't do anything when you calibrate on the MFC. are you sure you are using a TRS cable for that pedal?

i wonder if you are calibrating correctly at all. i've never seen a pedal actually have a 127 maximum value.

i can only suggest that you watch my setup video again and make sure you are in the correct menus. calibration starts around 21:00 into the video.

can you make a video showing what you are doing?

the Decrease button doesn't do anything when you calibrate on the MFC. are you sure you are using a TRS cable for that pedal?

i wonder if you are calibrating correctly at all. i've never seen a pedal actually have a 127 maximum value.

i can only suggest that you watch my setup video again and make sure you are in the correct menus. calibration starts around 21:00 into the video.

can you make a video showing what you are doing?
Well ......let's get straight to the point : maybe you made me understand ..... you said " are you sure you are using a TRS cable for that pedal? " well the answer is " i suspected also i'm not using the right cable to connect my expression pedal to the MFC 101 , I am actually using the normal jack cable I use to connect my guitar to my amp " isn't it the same thing ? I thought that a TRS cable is the same cable i use to connect my guitar to amps .

it is not.

a TRS cable has 2 black bands on the cable, meaning Tip, Ring, Sleeve:

p26844h-2d99af00e7bd7060fd5b3195533763b7.jpg

a regular instrument or TS cable only has 1 black band, Tip, Sleeve:

DV016_Jpg_Large_330470_ends.jpg

you need to use a TRS type for expression pedals.

I watched your video and what you did around 21:00 for the calibration , i did exactly what you did , infact when you stepped to the minus field you got the 126 value as well but as you pressed the pedal takin it in the heel position the value went down immediately to zero , instead nothing happened for me , it got frozen on 126 value .

Oh God I suspected i was committing a similiar mistake ...maybe then it's gonna work if i will use this kind of cable ...
Anyway your tutorial videos are great , please keep on posting them , we need people like You .

You Won't believe me what's happening here , well i searched for in my house a TRS cable and i have found an old one . Well , I tried to calibrate the pedal and .... when i moved on the minus field value , it worked , the value went down from 126 to 0 ...but ..... when i moved to the max field it got to 1 , and when i pressed the pedal to toe position to increase the value .... damn .... it is still on 1 ..... it doesnt get higher ... i wonder why , what i am missing ....

Uhmmm i don't know i had to put everything in the package , i will control that tomorrow , but if i remember good it doesn't ... i will let you know tomorrow ...

Thank You for your help , as you said it was a problem of cables , this morning i went out and i bought simple stereo cables and now everything seem to work fine .

Back
Top Bottom