MFC-101 does not always sync with the AXE-FX...

tcvans

Inspired
hey guys, i don't think this is a bug because i couldn't fine any posts on it but, when powering on the MFC, it doesn't "always" sync correctly to the AXE. i have to power cycle the controller a few times to make it work. what happened this past weekend was different. i got it to sync but twice i would change presets and the thing would go null. (when this happens, i get an audio "skip" every second or two) i ended up just turning it off and playing the gig from the axe panel.

it's always done the "not syncing" thing, but never quit when selecting switches.

i'm running in axe-fx mode.

thanks,
T

Check your midi cable. (Best way is to try another midi cable- preferably a new one )
After you try this and it still does it, I would reset the MFC-101 back to factory, which shouldnt be a big deal since you are pulling down your presets from the Axe-fx. (Axe-FX mode)

Please post your outcome for further help.

thx guitardojo.... tonight when i get home from work, im going to mess with 5-pin cables (ultimately for a backup). is there a brand of 7-pin cables you would recommend?

thx guitardojo.... tonight when i get home from work, im going to mess with 5-pin cables (ultimately for a backup). is there a brand of 7-pin cables you would recommend?

I have been using the Rocktron 7 pin cables for 6 straight years now. Never a problem. Also, check your adapter for a short.

i'm getting the same thing...i just received my mfc last week, to replace my lf pro. it's not pulling up patch names, and it's throwing out some sort of midi signal every two seconds or so, with an audible gap in sound. when it's plugged in and i try to adjust using the front panel, it resets the panel at the same rate as the midi message/audio gap. i'll try the different midi cable idea, let you know.

Back
Top Bottom