MFC 101 = AWESOME

wezx

Experienced
Got it this afternoon.

Perfect size for me...very substantial feeling...built like a tank.
Buttons feel great.
WOW, the display is HUGE...NO PROBLEM seeing this from half-way across the room!
Tuner looks great...very easy to read
Follow the "Quickstart Steps"...VERY easy to setup. (Hosa 7 pin cable is working). Very intuitive editing layout...had it programmed in a short while.

I'm going with the 10 presets per bank with the other 5 (excluding tap & tuner) being for things I would normally want to access in MOST patches - boost, chorus, tremelo, rotary, delay.

Using the reveal button (very cool) I can access other less used effects if need be.

[attachment=0:y9bcrydy]MFC-labeled.jpg[/attachment:y9bcrydy]

Buttons 1-10 do double duty...they have a label number and also the effect accessible through the "REVEAL" button
Buttons 11-17 have no number, just the effect they switch in or out.

If you're on the fence...ORDER THIS IMMEDIATELY! It's a real homerun...exactly what I had hoped it would be when I first heard about it! Great job Cliff, Tom, and everyone at Fractal!

EDIT: Don't know if it was intentional or not, but the finish is a very good surface for the P-Touch labels to adhere to (I've had a hard time with some products in this regard over the years.) I went with the white text on black background...thought it looked really sleek.

That's where it defaults to and honestly I'm having no problem hitting it...or any of the buttons for that matter. I certainly wouldn't want it in the bottom row taking up a preset spot and the next logical choice is actually at the top where it defaults to...since there is nothing above it or to the left of it you can easily tap it without hitting other buttons.

If it were to pose a problem, you could:

A. move it
B. use an external switch

The adaptor is "standard" size and you can get it to fit even in a tight one-space area...

[attachment=0:3gsmqz2u]MFC-adaptor.jpg[/attachment:3gsmqz2u]

Scott Peterson said:
... I have to find some white on black tape for my wife's P-Touch label thing.
Should be possible, Scott ;)

I'm using a PT 1230PC - also w/ white on black tape. You have to hook up this thing to you PC via USB. With the editor you can create labels not only with the built in but all Windows fonts and include small pictures as well:

PT-1230PCWhite-on-BlackTape.jpg

:cool:

mister.friendly said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":503kl118]... I have to find some white on black tape for my wife's P-Touch label thing.
Should be possible, Scott ;)

I'm using a PT 1230PC - also w/ white on black tape. You have to hook up this thing to you PC via USB. With the editor you can create labels not with only with the built in but all Windows fonts and include small pictures as well:

PT-1230PCWhite-on-BlackTape.jpg

:cool:[/quote:503kl118]
Ok, that sh#t is tight.

I didn't know a labelmaker could import images like that. Tre cool.

emperor_black said:
Are the switches momentary or latching? can I change them if I'm using it at home, barefoot?
barefoot is kinda a problem IMO,the switch heads are small compared to my old ground control and I thought about saying something but......build up some callouses on yer feet!maybe a pair of Fractal slippers? :lol:

otherwise the MFC-101 is f'n awesome! :twisted:

The "stepped" design makes all switches accessible,bright as a runway and easy to program/navigate/update!
Fractal has once again blown my mind!
Thanks Cliff ,Tom and the rest at Fractal

Cheers!

reddy - the MFC actually has a smaller footprint that what I had imagined... very nice.

emperor - like they said earlier in the thread, the switches feel perfect... not soft with, no resistance ( like the Ground Control Pro ), not stiff like an old MXR pedal, but somewhere in-between... feels perfect... just enough resistance and click to let you know that you switched it, and the LED's and name in the display to confirm it...

I did not have luck with the cheap Hosa 7-pin cable that I got from Sweetwater for $9 it works fine for switching and for pulling preset names from the AxeFX, but while the tuning function initially seemed to work, it eventually would not turn the tuner off... but will be my back-up cable for the custom one I ordered with better ends... having ONE cable and very little clutter.... LOVE it !

Having the Tuner in the display of your Foot controller... PRICELESS !!!!

edited to say that the cheap Hosa 7-pin cable does not work 100%...

Scott, if your machine takes the TZ series tapes you want TZ-335 (1/2")...just covers the screen print numbers on the MFC. I use the white on black all the time. They also make a 1/4"

I also used the white on black for my IEM rig.

[attachment=1:2h6vo1fz]IEM-1.jpg[/attachment:2h6vo1fz]
[attachment=0:2h6vo1fz]IEM-2.jpg[/attachment:2h6vo1fz]

Back
Top Bottom