Metallica Pays to Replace Tribute Band's Stolen Gear

Mr.nobody

Inspired
"Last Saturday, Metallica tribute band Blistered Earth had a laundry list of high–budget gear stolen after its set in Portland. Stolen items included a 1989 Gibson Explorer, a Mesa Mark V head, and a whopping nine–piece Tama Granstar kit.

According to The Oregonian, Blistered Earth’s story caught the attention of a Metallica representative after it began gaining traction through local news and social media. In the midst of looking over its options and considering a GoFundMe campaign, the band received a call from that Metallica rep informing them that Metallica would cover the cost for every last piece of gear stolen.

Drummer Shawn Murphy and his bandmates were floored. "It's pretty cool that [Metallica] decided to do that. It's a pretty nice gesture.”

As of now, Metallica members have not commented on the situation. Chalk one up for the masters of thrash metal and a supportive music community."

https://reverb.com/news/metallica-p...ter&utm_term=0_5889ed6702-c35f750b5f-61284229

That's a great move but I don't fully understand their choices...
They write to tribute bands to make them stop, but help this one, they attack napster and weren't on deezer now they are on it and even have their own official playlists, I don't get them :)

A great gesture. A tribute band is also an excellent way to bring your music to the masses (and subsequently have them purchase music...)

And it was my impression that they had problems with distribution of their music. As I remember, they encouraged bootlegs as long as you are not SELLING them.

Very cool of them. Music gear is getting stolen like crazy lately. Watch your gear guys! I've also heard of these gear tags you can put on your equipment in case you forget something at a venue or it gets stolen you get an alert that you're not near your gear.

Crazy cool, no amount of money could buy that press.
Actually a certain amount of money did exactly that, but I get what you mean. For them to go and do that for a band that is (maybe) making a living covering their material, especially after the whole Napster thing (remember Metallica's role in that?), is incredibly righteous. They absolutely did not have to do that in fact I would have bet a crisp finsky that Lars Ulrich would have said something along the lines of "Haha serves 'em right".

Very cool of them. Music gear is getting stolen like crazy lately. Watch your gear guys! I've also heard of these gear tags you can put on your equipment in case you forget something at a venue or it gets stolen you get an alert that you're not near your gear.
And keep a lookout for each other out there. Animals as Leaders (not sure if Tosin or Javier) recently got a stolen guitar back after being abducted for a year or more, due to the vigilance of fans and fellow musicians.

That's what it's all about! Great gesture, a thank you vid to the band with their new gear in hand would probably put smiles on Their faces for days.

Back
Top Bottom