Metallica - Load album tone match

hwplainview

There's been quite a few threads recently about the Load sound so I thought I would share my attempt as well. I thought I'd use one of the lesser known tracks from the album as well, Wasting My Hate as it's short and sweet.

Enjoy :)

There's been quite a few threads recently about the Load sound so I thought I would share my attempt as well. I thought I'd use one of the lesser known tracks from the album as well, Wasting My Hate as it's short and sweet.

Enjoy :)

Great Sound and tone!!

Great Sound and tone!!

I haven't quite been able to nail the low end with the tone on that album but it's close enough for me. I also found Load and Re-Load have a lot LESS gain that I initially thought - just a tip if anyone is creating their own patches.

Great Work man. Can't wait to try it.

I was also surprised when I found out about the gain. A big part of James' tone comes from his powerful pick attack.

Sounds great!

BUT ATTACK THOSE DAMN STRINGS. Listen to those up-strokes in the verse! Hetfield is slamming his guitar. Get into it!

Sounds great!

BUT ATTACK THOSE DAMN STRINGS. Listen to those up-strokes in the verse! Hetfield is slamming his guitar. Get into it!

It's weird - I swear I hit the strings as hard as I can (up to the point they start going out of tune) but it looks like I'm dusting them for finger prints on video! :confused: Something to work on.

Back
Top Bottom