Metallica and Axe fx2

Wow is Lars an asshole, totally blows off Kirk. For being a fairly horrible drummer his ego is insane. Nice to see the fractals

Lars needs his butt whipped! He almost got exactly that by a friend of mine a couple of years ago when he told my friend to "get out of the way"......the problem being my friend was twice his size. My friend said "you are not big enough to talk to me like that"

But before anything could happen the rest of the band just told my friend to ignore Lars.

Yeah the guys needs a butt whipping really really badly. I am surprised it has not happened yet!

The guy needs an "attitude adjustment" in the absolute worst way possible!

I haven't seen the video yet but I have a couple of thoughts. Are they using power amps/cabs? To suggest that Lars is a horrible drummer is stupid. He's not the best but he is very good, a solid professional in a very demanding genre. Also for many years he and James worked out all of the songs so he has been influential to their sound. He is famous for being a prick and he always has been. He and James came to my rehearsal space one time and he was talking shit about some of the other bands (but not mine). He's a little guy. I'll twist his head off.

Guitars and bass sounded great.

I recommend a click track in Lars' ears.

Lars is the only one in the band not using an AxeFx. Coincidence? I think not!
Haha, Cliff, make the drummers out there a Drum-fx and we can all replace our tired roland and alesis modules.
This will help with the jealously that happens when a drummer realizes there has not been a break through in the drum tech for 20 years.
Happy contemplation if you haven't already done so.
:)

Last edited:
I love Metallica. Hetfield was my hero when I was a kid. But ultimately I only care about how I can get awesome tone.

Kirk says "We've never had a song that starts fast and ends slow"
Lars replies "what about Nothing Else Matters"
Kirk responds "oh yeah"

eh?????

Kirk says "We've never had a song that starts fast and ends slow"
Lars replies "what about Nothing Else Matters"
Kirk responds "oh yeah"

eh?????

that whole practice session was horribly lame. lars dick and the guitar tone somehow sucked to my ears. plus they're too old for metal. check out after the burial, that's badass.

that whole practice session was horribly lame. lars dick and the guitar tone somehow sucked to my ears. plus they're too old for metal. check out after the burial, that's badass.

How about you post up your bands practice sessions for the entire internet to see and find out how amazing it is when you're just sitting there noodling around?

Might as well change their name to Hetfield. See how they all sit silently more or less while he tries to figure something out?

Watched them the weekend just gone at Glastonbury.

I was stood approx 100 foot from the pyramid stage the sound was incredible loud and clear, excellent performance.

In my opinion brilliant, they play very well together very tight almost knowing what each other are thinking but after playing together for so long i suppose they would.

Honestly, I think there should be a "if you have nothing constructive to say" rule on here sometimes. Directing abuse (calling people a dick) at any other normal Fractal owner would get you a warning. Just because it's Metallica it's somehow fair game.

Oh and they blew the socks off 100,000 people at Glastonbury on Sat night and got rave reviews from all the English press, so to say their too old for metal is plain wrong.

I think it is great they are still tearing it up after such a lengthy career. It is not like they are playing folk music. It is some physically demanding music. Especially when the body ages. Good for them

In many ways Hetfileld is Metallica. He is the vocalist and primary writer. He's the only one who can't be replaced. I didn't see any abuse of a forum member. I'm not a negative forum member but I think it is ok to call a douche a douche if it is in a constructive context. Too old for metal!?! I don't see that at all. They kick ass live. They're in good shape and while I'm not a big fan of Death Magnetic or the new material you can't characterize it as anything but metal. Just look at what Sirius channels play Metallica. They aren't blazing the trail like the young bands but they are an awesome metal band, probably the most successful of all time behind Ozzy.

Back
Top Bottom