Metal Song Noodling

Just an idea for a metal song. I'm really testing out my mixing/mastering abilities (they need a lot of work, so please any tips/comments are much appreciated).
I am a huge fan of Periphery, so this "song" is definitely heavily influenced by them- what can I say haha? :lol :lol

I'm using Steven Slate drums for now as I don't have anybody readily available to do REAL drums (which would be ideal). Nevertheless, SSD is a great tool for getting ideas down, seriously! Also I don't have a bass, so I'm waiting on my friend...

Anyway, again any comments on the mixing or anything really (even song strucutre) would be greatly appreciated. The song is not finished yet, and should have vocals soon... I'm planning on making the drums a bit more interesting, maybe add some new parts or extend some sections...
If you want AXe fx patches, I can post! The guitar is a JP12 7 string BFR with (standard) crunchlab/liquifire pickups.

Best,
Matt

P.S. There is a lead line somewhere in the middle. Only now do I realize that it gets too loud... whoops, I'll fix it!

+1 with Algone

With a bass guitar it really changes the power and aggression of everything, but so far it's great! and yeah the cleans can come down. haha

Haha thanks for the feedback guys, it definitely needs some bass! Also, I feel like the guitar tone is too mid range-y, maybe too muddy? I want the mix to sound more clear... I'll mess around and repost soon! (Good thing I set it up for reamping!)

Haha thanks for the feedback guys, it definitely needs some bass! Also, I feel like the guitar tone is too mid range-y, maybe too muddy? I want the mix to sound more clear... I'll mess around and repost soon! (Good thing I set it up for reamping!)
I think the guitar tone is good, not too middle range, up the bass a little bit to the guitar, more for the bass and kick, it will ring more massive.

Back
Top Bottom