Message timeout:Preset

APE

Inspired
I want to Send one preset from Axe-Fx II to the Ax-8. Please let me know if I'm mistaken, but this is done by:

1. set Fractal Bot to Receive from the Axe-II,
a. select the preset
b. select the destination,
c. Click Begin to store the present on my local drive

2. Send-ing it to the Ax-8.

Both devices are connected to my iMac via USB, not MIDI. (This might be where my issue resides.)

Result: Step 1, Receive, fails in error. When I click Begin, it remains at 0% for about a minute before a dialog box is displayed with the message: Message timeout: Preset

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for reading.
1698641308581.png

Have you tried another USB cable or port?

How long is your USB cable?

Are you connected to a hub?

Fractal-Bot won't convert Axe-Fx II presets for the AX8. You can try FracTool. But there may be things that get jumbled up depending on how complex the original preset is, and if there are things in it that the AX8 doesn't have enough of, or at all. Not to mention CPU% limitations.

BTW, You might as well use the Editors for single preset importing and exporting. Fractal-Bot is better suited for handling larger groups of preset, IRs, and of course backups.

Last edited:
Hi, Moke! Good to hear from you, and hope you are well.

Right, it’s FracTool. Thanks for the reminder.

You might as well use the Editors for single preset importing and exporting.
Use the Editors? I don’t understand. Do you mean add the preset manually in the ax8 and visually copy from the ax FX II? I can do that. I thought it would be better to automatically do it so I don’t miss anything. Maybe I misunderstand.

Hi, Moke! Good to hear from you, and hope you are well.

Right, it’s FracTool. Thanks for the reminder.

Use the Editors? I don’t understand. Do you mean add the preset manually in the ax8 and visually copy from the ax FX II? I can do that. I thought it would be better to automatically do it so I don’t miss anything. Maybe I misunderstand.
You can use the editors to import and export single presets, instead of Fractal-Bot. You can even use the 'Axe-Manage Cabs' and 'Axe-Manage Presets' tools in the editor to import and export small groups of presets or IRs too.

FracTool prompted me for an update, then got stuck in a loop, then crashed.

Code:
initAxeFx : not connected
initAxeFx : sending who_am_i

I'm giving up on this for now. I'll try and do what I need manually.

Thanks.

Post or P.M. me the Axe-Fx II preset and the firmware that it was exported from. I will take a look.

Back
Top Bottom