Meshuggah lead tone (Fredrik Thordendal)

soularflair said:
Magoga,
I forgot if you mentioned it somewhere already, but do you have a Standard or an Ultra?
And can you play the solo to New Millenium Cyanide Christ?
I'm learning it at present but am still at ~110bpm for it (it's at 151bpm normally, I believe...).
Thing is though, even at that speed, I don't know whether it's cause my technique sucks or because Fredrik uses something that filters out double notes (possibly that "33" breath controller of his and the Clavia Nord Modular G2, I think...)...but using your patch (which still sounds great, btw) it's really fucking hard to make every single note sound only by itself.
I'm wondering if a version of the patch could be made, that still sounded close to what you've done so far, but that utilised the synth block, and hence have the ability to be monophonic, to get more separation between the tapped notes.
But of course that depends on if you have an Ultra...

New Millenium Cyanide Christ solo is all tapping, no "33" controller for this one.

BrianCarroll said:
New Millenium Cyanide Christ solo is all tapping, no "33" controller for this one.
How the fuck does he get it so clean?
Is there too much gain in the patch? I have the volume on my guitar backed off to about 5-6.
Or does it just come back to the fact that he's not actually human again? :cool:

I just listened the song. I think its a tapping - no any breath controller ( btw i have standart axe). I suppose i can play play something similar on current patch.

magoga said:
Im normally not playing taping - but here is a quick dirty playing demo (the same patch)
meshtap.mp3 - 674.9 Kb
Nice work :)
So, how do you get that seraration between the notes? When I play through that patch it sounds more distorted and despite palm muting the lower strings there's still string noise and vibration in other unwanted strings from the tapping.

soularflair said:
magoga said:
Im normally not playing taping - but here is a quick dirty playing demo (the same patch)
meshtap.mp3 - 674.9 Kb
So, how do you get that seraration between the notes? When I play through that patch it sounds more distorted and despite palm muting the lower strings there's still string noise and vibration in other unwanted strings from the tapping.

Patch im using doesnt matter to me. It will be sound pretty the same. Maybe you are doing big pullofs so other strings are ringing. Try left hand only exersizes to develope attention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7-zD2IQYTw

dude could you please post the .syx file for the rhythm patch you used in that first sampler you uploaded its soooo baller!

Narcosis said:
dude could you please post the .syx file for the rhythm patch you used in that first sampler you uploaded its soooo baller!

I recorded only solo guitar - for riffs you can find other mesh topic :)

soularflair said:
magoga said:
meshtap.mp3 - 674.9 Kb

can explain me how you get tone this ?.... I tried the path that you provided, but can not open ... I have a v-amp, but what i have to do?...thanks!!!!!

maxlegeen said:
soularflair said:
magoga said:
meshtap.mp3 - 674.9 Kb

can explain me how you get tone this ?.... I tried the path that you provided, but can not open ... I have a v-amp, but what i have to do?...thanks!!!!!

hi gain amp -> cab -> chorus/flanger -> delay/reverb
The main part chorus/flanger, it gives nasal kind tone, and maybe it has to be without noticible time modulation - the nature of effect is comb filtering (0-20 ms). In this particular tapping example it was also too much high pass filtered with eq.

magoga said:
I just listened the song. I think its a tapping - no any breath controller ( btw i have standart axe). I suppose i can play play something similar on current patch.

thanks for repply....but What are the settings?, .... can you detail for me, what quantity of delay? flanger?, which cab? I appreciate if you can help me with all the details....thanks!!

got problems with using this patch in axe edit program, someon has a hint for me. tried to import the file, but it won´t open.

Back
Top Bottom